Sea King sinks off Denmark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea King sinks off Denmark

Halifax — All five crew were rescued after a Sea King helicopter from a Canadian warship ditched in the ocean and sank off Denmark on Thursday.

Full Story

another one of our great hellies....

What a piece of sh*t. This could have been avoided in 1994!!!! F-ing Liberals. They should put all the remaining Sea Sinkers in a pile and just burn them and dance naked around the mass of fiery crap!!!
    My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Tell us what you think Cameron! You are right though, the government puts lives at risk just so they can mess around trying to look good.

Comment

Fiberals strike again. Jean Chretien is wholly to blame for the current mess. One of the few promises he did keep, unlike scrapping the GST and quashing free trade, which were embraced once in power. I would be interested in seeing the stats as to how military members voted this past election!!! Amazing how he found the cash to buy two Canadair jets to replace ones the Air Force said did not need replacing though. Even GWB now flies in an EH 101, prior Chretien used to point out Marine One was a Sea King(probably not built in 1963!!) as if to qualify his decision.

I did have to laud the Chief of Defence Staff who told off the departing regime two days ago for using the military as an election scare tactic on their website, their spin doctors conveniently forgetting that the last PM to put armed soldiers in the streets was Trudeau in 1970. I think the population as a whole was glad to see soldiers, albeit unarmed, in 1998 during the Ice Storm, and again the following winter in TO when Mel panicked.

Comment

And they wont be replaced intill 2011!

Comment

Well it's sad that they have to keep flying those untill 2011. I feel bad for the pilots.

Marine One was probably maintaned with a budget that was the size of our entire military one, so there is no worry of it crashing.

I was talking one to a Navy guy, and he told me the Sea King was one of the best helicopters for naval work, back in the 60's.

Comment

Only 27 of the original order of 50 remain. They may be all gone before 2011. Hey maybe the Conservatives will buy new helicopters before the next change in government.

Comment

Across the Atlantic, here we more or less get the same story from our airforce which would almost look pitiful if not somewhat funny by keeping
                - the SA 330 Pumas mid size choppers
                - the C.160 Transalls, twin turbo mid size transports
                Not to mention the Navy now finishing off the Frelons (Hornets) tri-turbine heavy choppers. Out of an original 24 commissioned in 1962, only 6 still remain in service.
                The latter also entertained us with the Chance Vought Crusaders, in service from 1964 until 1998 with their number dwindling from 40 to 12 as time ran !!!
                Alain
                Thanks for visiting
                *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                *JetPhotos*
                Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
                  Only 27 of the original order of 50 remain. They may be all gone before 2011. Hey maybe the Conservatives will buy new helicopters before the next change in government.
                  dont get your hopes up

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
                    You guys still flying VooDoo's up there too?
                    Wayne Dippold

Comment

Originally posted by eagle334
                      You guys still flying VooDoo's up there too?
                      I think I saw a biplane flying out of Trenton the other day...

Comment

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
                        I think I saw a biplane flying out of Trenton the other day...
                        ROFLMAO!!!!!

Comment

Sure that wasn't one of the 42 year old E model Hercs??

Comment

Originally posted by a78jumper
                            Sure that wasn't one of the 42 year old E model Hercs??
                            Don't forget our 45 year old B-52s.
                            Wayne Dippold

Comment

they contracted one of Armée de l'Air 1964 built C.135FRs ...
                              Alain
                              Thanks for visiting
                              *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                              *JetPhotos*
                              Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
                              X