Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YYZPICS
    replied
    yea, theres not many "dumb" bombs used today, especially when targets are located near civilians.

Leave a comment:

• Top_Gun
    replied
    Originally posted by Irfan
    Not a single plane can do bombing as accurate as the F-117. I will miss you, in 2008.
    What do you mean by the above comment, now all bombs are either Laser guided or GPS. I would think the transport(F-117,B-2) have little to do about it.

Leave a comment:

• kukkudrill
    replied
    Originally posted by seventwo
    The F-22 will be capible of carrying bombs correct?
    Correct.

Leave a comment:

• Irfan
    replied
    Not them! They are only about 22 years old +? Bye-bye Nighthawk. Not a single plane can do bombing as accurate as the F-117. I will miss you, in 2008.

Leave a comment:

• Top_Gun
    replied
    Originally posted by YYZPICS
    Nice shots Dave, I might be goin to one of the Red Flag sessions this year.
    I would love to go to a Red Flag once in my life. I've seen some amazing pictures from the current one in progress.

Leave a comment:

• YYZPICS
    replied
    Nice shots Dave, I might be goin to one of the Red Flag sessions this year.

Leave a comment:

• Top_Gun
    replied
    Morning was a bad time to take this shot. I should have spent more time walking around Nellis Sunday at the airshow. They had already towed it away by the time I got down there.

We got to see 2 of them fly in from the range on Friday while we were walking around media day.

Leave a comment:

• DAL767-400ER
    replied
    Too bad, have always been a fan of the Nighthawks, sad to see them go. Oh well, hope some of them will be sold to Pima Air&Space Museum in Tucson, would fit in right beside the SR-71.

Leave a comment:

• medic1
    replied
    I still have never photographed one....well not since I was younger with a P&S film camera.....hopefully I get to see one at a show again before they get scrapped....

Leave a comment:

• MaxPower
    replied
    Originally posted by Top_Gun
    something I was thinking about today, they still have armed guards protect these at airshows, yet in 2 yrs they are ready to parked them in a desert that gives tours.

Just seems like such a large waste of money in a short time.
    Will these aircraft be stripped of all the secret stuff onboard these crafts ?

Leave a comment:

• Top_Gun
    replied
    something I was thinking about today, they still have armed guards protect these at airshows, yet in 2 yrs they are ready to parked them in a desert that gives tours.

Just seems like such a large waste of money in a short time.

Leave a comment:

• MaxPower
    replied
    Lets just say its beautiful in its own way
    I've never seen one either, but its got till 2008 so I'm not gunna worry yet.
    Agree ! Special Indeed ! *

Leave a comment:

• JJR
    replied
    Originally posted by YYZPICS
    I would of never thought the F-117 to go already, and ive only seen one fly.
    My thoughts exactly..... I never thought they were that old..... If they kept the F-117 under wraps for so long, imagine what those cats are building today, that we don't know about.....

Leave a comment:

• seventwo
    replied
    Originally posted by [email protected]
    the F-117 is NOT ugly

I really wanna see one fly before their pulled outta service.
    Lets just say its beautiful in its own way
    I've never seen one either, but its got till 2008 so I'm not gunna worry yet.

Leave a comment:

• Chris@YYZ
    replied
    Well from what I heard the F-22 is more stealth than the F-117. The F-117 is outdated and ugly. The F-22 will be capible of carrying bombs correct? Even though the pure bomb version (FB-22) will probably never be built.
    the F-117 is NOT ugly

I really wanna see one fly before their pulled outta service.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X