Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-22 Raptor was/is no secret development

So what do you think is?

If they intended to keep it a sercet, they did a poor job, but I dont think so.

Comment

when you're invisible to radar, fast, and can shoot stuff down from far away, you dont need to be a secret.

I actually have a plan whih I think would be freakin cool. N. Korea and Iran have been pissing us off lately. In the middle of the night, we should send one of those (or anything else stealth) in, have it do a touch and go at their busiest airbases, film the whole thing, then make a huge freakin press release.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
        when you're invisible to radar, fast, and can shoot stuff down from far away, you dont need to be a secret.

I actually have a plan whih I think would be freakin cool. N. Korea and Iran have been pissing us off lately. In the middle of the night, we should send one of those (or anything else stealth) in, have it do a touch and go at their busiest airbases, film the whole thing, then make a huge freakin press release.
        hahahahah

Comment

I love your idea emu. Brilliant.

I think I was not to clear about the topic. What I mean't to ask was -- what do you think the USAF is developing or funding that we do not know of?

Comment

thats a freakin awesome idea

Comment

Originally posted by Dantheman
              I love your idea emu. Brilliant.

I think I was not to clear about the topic. What I mean't to ask was -- what do you think the USAF is developing or funding that we do not know of?
              In regards to the Raptor, nothing. The only other version even being considered is a fighter bomber version of it, and that one is up in the air. If built, it would be a tailless delta wing design possibly using the engines of the F-35 JSF.

Comment

Originally posted by srbmod
                In regards to the Raptor, nothing. The only other version even being considered is a fighter bomber version of it, and that one is up in the air. If built, it would be a tailless delta wing design possibly using the engines of the F-35 JSF.

why no vertical stabilizer?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
                  why no vertical stabilizer?
                  The wonders of computers. Look at the B-2.

Comment

Yeah, and vertical tails send back a radar return as large a pam andersons boobs.

Comment

Awesome idea! Kim Jong Il would throw a tantrum.

Anyway, to awnser the question, I'm sure theres something under development we don't know about...no clue what it could be. Also, I think planes may have rolled off the production line unannounced to the public, and they may be steathfully testing somewhere. Its a possibility, but obviously we won't know if its true or not.
                      sigpic
                      http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by seventwo
                        Yeah, and vertical tails send back a radar return as large a pam andersons boobs.
                        only the radar returns are real

Comment

only the radar returns are real

POWNED!

Comment

Originally posted by srbmod
                            The wonders of computers. Look at the B-2.
                            Until Bill Gates' finest gets a virus, then watch the fun !!!!!

Originally posted by seventwo
                            USA's new stealth weapon of mass(ive) proportion. You send the "bad guys" a video of Pammie doing the things she does best, and while the "baddies" are being entertained, send in a B-52 if you like - much cheaper than developing Raptors - or "Raptures" with a "Pam conversion"
                            RobB

Comment

Apparently most of the time there is about a 10 year delay between when new military technology is developed, and when the public finds out

If that's true, then who knows what they've got under wraps at the moment

Comment

Working...
                              X