Fav. North American demo team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by herpa2003
    Has to be the blues. Beautiful aircraft and stunts that can't be beat...
    I agree with that, although I do love the 9 plane formation of the snowbirds so its a close decision. But I had to say the Blues.

Another North American jet team is the Patriots, who opperate 3 L-39s. I belive they are the only private jet team in North America.
    sigpic
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

I have only seen the Snowbirds when I was visiting my Uncle in Canada. What a sensational feeling, because this was my first time attending an airshow. Lovely birds, thus why it will get my vote. coz these are the only ones I have experienced of these three choices.
      Jesse Nielsen / Cimber Air F/A

Offers Dreams and Experiences To People Around The World..

If I'll Be Flying The Long Distance, ANA Would Be My First Choice....

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
        Has to be the blues. Beautiful aircraft and stunts that can't be beat...
        Stunts? No stunts involved, all manuevers any Naval Aviator can do....just not as close.

Comment

As a Seattle boy, there is no contest....BLUE ANGELS 100%
          THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
          Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
          George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

UND Flight Team [/sarcasm]

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
              UND Flight Team [/sarcasm]
              8 PLANE WARRIOR FORMATION FTW!

Ok seriously, its close between the T-Birds and the Blues.

I'd say the blues because, I remember seeing them at MCAS El Toro Airshow (yep...a loooong time ago before it was closed)...and they killed it. One of them flew some 100ft right over the grandstands from behind and scared the sh*t out of everyone...it was awesome.

Comment

I remember at San Francisco's "Fleetweek" airshow, where the Blue Angels are the main attraction, they did one of the coolest things I ever saw at an airshow. One solo pilot flew just feet over the water under the Golden Gate Bridge, and the other flew just feet over the water under the Bay Bridge. The 2 planes then did a spectacular crossover and I bet the people stuck in traffic on the bridges were going crazy! They got in trouble for this though, and they never were able to do it again.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                  They got in trouble for this though, and they never were able to do it again.
                  That's dumb. If you look at it, more skill is needed to land an airplane than it is to fly it underneath something with as much area as the golden gate.

Comment

That's dumb. If you look at it, more skill is needed to land an airplane than it is to fly it underneath something with as much area as the golden gate.
                    Ya, and also keep in mind this was back in the 90's, still before 9/11. So I don't think the reason was security, and as you said it wasn't a really dangerous move to pull either.

Whatever the reason, when they did do it, it was awesome!
                    sigpic

Comment

Emu, I havent thought of it in that kinda way. Good point though !
                      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
                        Emu, I havent thought of it in that kinda way. Good point though !
                        Yeah, its a good point that I got from an article in some magazine. A guy asked the FAA if he could fly through the arches in some national park in Utah. At first they said "well...probably not, but let us research and we'll get back to you". So after a while they looked through the regs, called him back and said "while we dont reccomend it...we can't find anything that says its illegal". Then the guy pointed out to them that he's flying through arches that are like 150 ft wide, people land on runways as narrow as 50 feet all the time.

Comment

Yeah, its a good point that I got from an article in some magazine. A guy asked the FAA if he could fly through the arches in some national park in Utah. At first they said "well...probably not, but let us research and we'll get back to you". So after a while they looked through the regs, called him back and said "while we dont reccomend it...we can't find anything that says its illegal". Then the guy pointed out to them that he's flying through arches that are like 150 ft wide, people land on runways as narrow as 50 feet all the time.
                          Ya, and the Blue Angels are amoung the best pilots out there, so if they can fly feet apart in the air, this shouldn't have been a problem.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X