X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uy707
    replied
    Let's bet
    -some specialized cargo operator will figure they can earn their keeps by flying C141s
    -and that the air force will agree to sell
    It would be too bad to see the survivors agonizing in boneyards.
    Alain

Leave a comment:

• Top_Gun
    replied
    the raised part on the top is where the boom plugs in in to refuel.

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/c141-1_300.jpg

66-0177/300-6203
    356th AS

Leave a comment:

• MaxPower
    replied
    ^Whats the reg on this one 60177 ???

I want to find out what is that grey area just over the cockpit ? Is this part of the refueling, I dont know what you call it , Hmmm Reciever ?

Leave a comment:

• Top_Gun
    replied
    I was reading in the paper yesterday how they were taking up the POW's this plane, and the other 141's rescued from NAM.

I was able to see her at Nellis last year, didn't know everything she'd done when I saw her there last year. Lucky I was able to capture a few shots for memories.
    Last edited by Top_Gun; 2009-03-03, 03:06.

Leave a comment:

• NBGTowerGuy
    replied
    I never had the pleasure of riding in one, but I did get a chance to tour the Hanoi Taxi the 2 times she came to New Orleans durring my tour down there. I do agree though, only real airplanes make lots of smoke and noise.

Leave a comment:

• MaxPower
    replied
    We salute the last Starlifter. Was a really good workhorse to the USAF.. :clap.

Leave a comment:

• DAL767-400ER
    replied
    Well, their history was not quite as long as the B-52 , but it certainly did its job very well.

Leave a comment:

• seventwo
    replied
    I remember seeing the Hanoi Taxi at Westover AFB in 2004. The C-141 is a damn fine looking airplane, to bad its replacement lacks in that department. REAL airplanes make smoke and noise!

Leave a comment:

• Electric-Jet
    replied
    That sucks that its gone. I have never been in one but I used see them all the time refueling over my old house in NJ all the time.

Leave a comment:

• TheMightyM
    replied
    Originally posted by MaxPower
    What is exactly a static display ? Are they only shown on the ground and does it include a demo ?
    Second definition listed of "static" from the Webster's New World Dictionary:

"at rest; inactive"

Leave a comment:

• MaxPower
    replied
    That is so great. Thanks.

What is exactly a static display ? Are they only shown on the ground and does it include a demo ?

Oh btw Sorry I skipped the the link. I only read your first post.

Leave a comment:

• TheMightyM
    replied
    Originally posted by MaxPower
    Luckily for you guys get a chance to ride on that thing. Are some sold/given/donated to museums ??
    From the article:

"After several weeks of preparation and preservation, the Hanoi Taxi will go on public display this summer in the museum's outdoor airpark. Counting the Hanoi Taxi, a total of 13 StarLifters are preserved as static displays at bases where the aircraft were formerly stationed or in museums around the country."

Leave a comment:

• MaxPower
    replied
    Luckily for you guys get a chance to ride on that thing. Are some sold/given/donated to museums ??

Leave a comment:

• herpa2003
    replied
    Shame...I was forunate enough to be able to have flown on the C-141 twice; noisy airplane but fun as hell!

Leave a comment:

• kcmh
    replied
    Stand up and be proud Lockheed your plane has served this great nation to its fullest. Today is a proud day in the history of the USAF not a said one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X