C-5M Super Galaxy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaxPower
    Yeah man, cool vids. Sounds just like I remember it, from the demo I saw one do at an airshow a few years ago. It was insane how they turned the thing right in the climbout, I didnt know a C-5 could do that stuff. Cant waint till the next westover AFB show so I can see the C-5 demo again. It was really funny though, how the C-17 demo that they had next made fun of the C-5s. lol

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower

According to www.af.mil

The C-5 has 6,320 nautical miles (empty)

Source: http://www.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?fsID=84
      Thanks, wierd they have different figures. I also find it funny how on the C-17 they put "unlimited with inflight refueling", no duh....

Comment

Originally posted by Top_Gun
        Thanks, wierd they have different figures. I also find it funny how on the C-17 they put "unlimited with inflight refueling", no duh....
        Yeah pretty much. But that would mean its the same with th e other aircrafts since they are also equipped with refuelling probe. Weird indeed.
        Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Compairing the C-17 to the C-5 is like comparing apples to oranges. The C-17 was never ment to replace the C-5, it was made to replace the C-141, which couldn't carry a Main battle tank like the Abrams tank to the front lines. The C5 is still ment to be the backbone of the AMC mission, were the C-17 is ment to feed forces on the front lines, similar to the mission of the C-130. As far as performance, I have seen an empty C17 stop in 2500 feet, and have seen an empty C5 stop in 4000 feet. so as far as performance goes, they are both very capable aircraft performing similar but different roles in the logisitics mission.
          "I use mulit-billion dollar military satellite systems to find tupperware in the woods."

Comment

Originally posted by Top_Gun
            Not sure of the reason for it to be orange. It's not like someone is going to walk into a Pitot tube of a C-5
            From what I have read and seen on the TV, a lot of test facilities colour any parts that are in the aircraft for testing only, orange. this would include items like the nose on the C5M and any monitering equipment on-board.
            IIRC, there was a documentary on the Comanche a couple of years ago, where you could see quite a lot of orange equipment, and that was the explanation they gave.

Comment

Thanks Dan. I get the orange colour as a sign of "new" equipments in trial....

Originally posted by Dave
              It's not like someone is going to walk into a Pitot tube of a C-5
              Hahaha LOL..
              Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Looks nice, C-5's stop at Moffet all the time, I hope I see one of these come in.
                sigpic
                http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Working...
                X