Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 Pilot Dies in Collision of Jet Fighters in Central California.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ They just showed a re-run of this old video Top gun movie on Telly last week.

Crazy ejection.
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by cx777
      i wasnt serious.. i know its impossible for someone to hit the canopy when it was ejected a few nanoseconds before the pilot itself ejects.. plus the fact that the aircraft is flying at fast speeds...
      Actually not. In topgun the plane was in a flat spin when they ejected. When the tomcat was in testing one of them had a compressor stall and entered a flat spin. The crew punched out, but they almost hit the canopy as it was stuck in a layer of air just above the a/c for a very short period of time. Procedure for ejecting from a tomcat in a flat spin is first ditch the canopy. Then eject.

Comment

In the filming of Top Gun, a stunt pilot was killed when he entered a flat spin in the Tomcat and could not exit the spin and crashed...
        ________
        Iolite Vaporizer Review

Comment

Originally posted by dneedham
          In the filming of Top Gun, a stunt pilot was killed when he entered a flat spin in the Tomcat and could not exit the spin and crashed...
          really? thought it was a camera plane that crashed...

Comment

I don't understand. Is it both of the F-18's is the two-seater version? Both crew bailed out but sadly, only the RIO survived. RIP.
            Irfan Faiz Nazerollnizam. Computer geek and gamer

Comment

Working...
            X