Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 Pilot Dies in Collision of Jet Fighters in Central California.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irfan
    replied
    I don't understand. Is it both of the F-18's is the two-seater version? Both crew bailed out but sadly, only the RIO survived. RIP.

Leave a comment:

• seventwo
    replied
    Originally posted by dneedham
    In the filming of Top Gun, a stunt pilot was killed when he entered a flat spin in the Tomcat and could not exit the spin and crashed...
    really? thought it was a camera plane that crashed...

Leave a comment:

• dneedham
    replied
    In the filming of Top Gun, a stunt pilot was killed when he entered a flat spin in the Tomcat and could not exit the spin and crashed...
    ________
    Iolite Vaporizer Review

Leave a comment:

• seventwo
    replied
    Originally posted by cx777
    i wasnt serious.. i know its impossible for someone to hit the canopy when it was ejected a few nanoseconds before the pilot itself ejects.. plus the fact that the aircraft is flying at fast speeds...
    Actually not. In topgun the plane was in a flat spin when they ejected. When the tomcat was in testing one of them had a compressor stall and entered a flat spin. The crew punched out, but they almost hit the canopy as it was stuck in a layer of air just above the a/c for a very short period of time. Procedure for ejecting from a tomcat in a flat spin is first ditch the canopy. Then eject.

Leave a comment:

• MaxPower
    replied
    ^^ They just showed a re-run of this old video Top gun movie on Telly last week.

Crazy ejection.

Leave a comment:

• cx777
    replied
    Originally posted by eagle334
    Physics wise, near impossible.
    i wasnt serious.. i know its impossible for someone to hit the canopy when it was ejected a few nanoseconds before the pilot itself ejects.. plus the fact that the aircraft is flying at fast speeds...

Leave a comment:

• eagle334
    replied
    Or he could've died the same way Goose died in Top Gun..
    Physics wise, near impossible.

Leave a comment:

• cx777
    replied
    Originally posted by eagle334
    He was probably injured before he ejected, or he got hit by debris or maybe the seat didn't work right. I'm sure the investigation will say. Just because you get out of a jet doesn't mean you'll survive.
    Or he could've died the same way Goose died in Top Gun..

Leave a comment:

• eagle334
    replied
    Originally posted by dneedham
    How did 1 die if they both ejected???
    He was probably injured before he ejected, or he got hit by debris or maybe the seat didn't work right. I'm sure the investigation will say. Just because you get out of a jet doesn't mean you'll survive.

Leave a comment:

• dneedham
    replied
    How did 1 die if they both ejected???
    ________
    VOLCANO VAPORIZER

Leave a comment:

• bobby
    replied
    I heard about this....very sad. RIP

Leave a comment:

• Chris@YYZ
    replied
    Rip

Leave a comment:

• medic1
    replied
    RIP Pilot....

Leave a comment:

• cx777
    replied
    dude, tom cruise.. hot shot pilot.. dates instructor.. RIO dies.. becomes the hero..

Leave a comment:

• MaxPower
    replied
    The air station where top gun is located and where they filmed the movie with the same title is Miramar NAS, located in San Diego on the southern tip of California.. San Diego is the home of the 3rd Fleet and is one of the major Naval Bases..
    I dont even remember the movie now. Its been a while now... Do'h

Leave a comment:

Working...
X