I think NASA should just give up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think NASA should just give up

if you had a car that was having this many issues, what would you do? I'd friggin junk it.

5 inch, Is that a problem ? Fill that gap-crack and launch already !
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

$4.97 at The Home Depot.
      Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

I just hope it's gonna fly to space. I've always been a big fan of space shuttles and everything connected to the space. I was planing to go to Florida to see the launch as soon as I turn 18 but it looks like we won't see that much launches and you never know if it's actually gonna happen or not.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
          5 inch, Is that a problem ? Fill that gap-crack and launch already !
          And risk the life of the Crew.
          Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
          - Metzgermeister

Comment

Originally posted by MaDbOy
            I agree I wouldn't risk even if it was 0.5 inch. Remember what happened to Challenger and Columbia....

Comment

After all this time and the re-designs that have been done on the external tank, I would have expected things to go better than this!! This latest development certainly doesn't do anything to give confidence in the safety of the shuttle.
              Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060703/...kxBHNlYwN0bQ--

if you had a car that was having this many issues, what would you do? I'd friggin junk it.
                You don't know my wife and her Civic...

Comment

It's probably gonna take another incident for them to decide this might not be worth it anymore.

I agree with Emu. They should just develop something else, and forget the current shuttle. The thing can't even fly on it's own, you faq up the approach and your done. Not to mention the time, money, and preperation it takes to just to get the thing together and launched. And a new fuel tank each time, ect, and pretty outdated technology too. If we plan to keep going into space and actually accomplish anything up there other than just adding junk to the asteroids and what not we need something that is simpler to get off the ground and back.

Comment

I am amazed they did NOT go ahead to come up with viable replacements as soon as 1986 !!!!
                    Alain
                    Thanks for visiting
                    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                    *JetPhotos*
                    Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by MaDbOy
                      That's not what I meant with my post. Either that or just scrap the whole program, and start all ove again like other guys said !
                      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Well...

Imagine what the left wing (wing glove) of Columbia would have looked like.

Comment

It's time for NASA to get out of manned missions, period. It's private enterprise's turn, and the airline pilots, lol, like Virgin Galactic and a few others are hiring.

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
                          The thing can't even fly on it's own
                          Most complex flight plan spaceships can't especially aerodynamic spacecraft. Even complex flight plan rockets need a room full of mission controllers. I think if we are ever going to get costs down, we'll need a ship that has two modes: manned with two pilots, no ground except for basic control etc, unmanned with the same crew except on the ground and with minimal aux support teams. Even the space shuttle needs thousands of "crew" off the the ship to fly.

Comment

i wonder how the Russians are going in terms of their Space program? Maybe the US and Russia could develop a space craft together.

JAT - More than flying

Comment

Originally posted by aca_srbija
                              i wonder how the Russians are going in terms of their Space program? Maybe the US and Russia could develop a space craft together.
                              Possibility I guess.
                              sigpic
                              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Working...
                              X