Bubble on Fat Albert.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bubble on Fat Albert.

I've noticed in a few pics of Fat Albert during the JATO there's a guy looking out through a small bubble type thing. What's the reason for this? I'm assuming he makes sure all the JATO's are firing? Has to be a hell of a view though. (I hate to link to the blue site, but i guess I will anyway)

Its teh Sam Chui!

Comment

I don't think he can actually see the rocket pods from there.

Comment

That's probably the second best view out of that plane.

Amazing. What's that two rail stuff at the bubble though ?
        Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

They're there so the guy has something to hold on to when he opens the bubble and climbs out of course.

Ok joking apart, I believe those are communications antennas.

Comment

And how much is it pointing the flames away from the fuselages ? 2 metre ? I see there's a slight angle on the rockets.
            Last edited by MaxPower; 2006-07-28, 16:09.
            Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Im gonna take a wild guess, its either something to do with a window for light, or a observers spot. Which is strange. Maybe this C-130 did some other stuff before the Blue Angels.

I dont understand why they just dont get a C-130J and that would solve all there JATO issues.
              -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by ACman
                Im gonna take a wild guess, its either something to do with a window for light, or a observers spot. Which is strange. Maybe this C-130 did some other stuff before the Blue Angels.

I dont understand why they just dont get a C-130J and that would solve all there JATO issues.
                probably the same reason the Blue's use the oldest A models. These demo teams get the oldest aircraft.

Comment

Working...
                X