X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MaxPower
    replied
    Originally posted by DevilDog
    Don't know if anyone else saw this but some one fell out and seems like he tried to hold onto the right main gear but lost his grip. Also right before the tail hit the gound it seems like he actually got up and was running away
    Looks like he jumped off, got caught by the right main gear, cleared and ran off. It could have been worse if he landed wrong or whatever and got that tail bang his head.

Leave a comment:

• Crunk415balla
    replied
    Originally posted by DevilDog
    Don't know if anyone else saw this but some one fell out and seems like he tried to hold onto the right main gear but lost his grip. Also right before the tail hit the gound it seems like he actually got up and was running away
    I noticed that too. Amazing no one was hurt.

Leave a comment:

• DevilDog
    replied

Leave a comment:

• prat
    replied
    If I recall correctly the tail rotor linkage snapped when he hit the ground hard. After that there's really not much you can do.

Leave a comment:

• seventwo
    replied
    My guess is the tail rotor quit out when it hit the ground, it just hadnt stopped spinning as the heli lost control. So it looked like it was working.

Leave a comment:

• MaxPower
    replied
    Hmmmmmrp. Even when it had touched down, it still had its tail, its tail rotor as well.

What puzzled me is what could had caused this making the helicopter goes swinging and eventually crash on its side after tail section dug in and desintregrated upon impact on the grass.

Leave a comment:

• seventwo
    replied
    ?
    I dont think wind did that to the heli. Maybe the wind caused it to hit its tail rotor. Thats what happens when I chopper losses a tail rotor. (or is that what you ment?)

Leave a comment:

• MaxPower
    replied
    I was actually talking about the obvious spin ? I dont know if you did noticed that but its certainly the first time I se a helo entered this kind of approach and were tworn into this uncontrollable spin.

Leave a comment:

• seventwo
    replied
    Looks to me like the tail rotor hit the ground and quit out. Glad everyone was ok.

Leave a comment:

• MaxPower
    started a topic Crazy Military Helicopter Crash

Crazy Military Helicopter Crash

Helicopter Landing. Gust of winds, 8 times turnaround - what do you get ?

Originally posted by Break.com
    Crazy Military Helicopter Crash

1/5/2006 - Incredible up close footage of a military helicopter crashing. It looks like they are trying to land but get pushed back up by a gust of wind. Unbelievably we are told everyone on board was ok.
    Hopefully the line there quoted from Break is true. Hope they survived.
Working...
X