Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T-45 fleet surpasses 700,000 flight hours.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-45 fleet surpasses 700,000 flight hours.

T-45 fleet surpasses 700,000 flight hours

The total number of flight hours for the Boeing-built T-45 Goshawk fleet reached 700,655 in July. With 193 aircraft delivered since 1992, that comes to an average number of flight hours per aircraft of about 3,630 equivalent to more than 150 days in the air for each aircraft. Naval Air Station Kingsville, Texas, has accumulated almost 471,000 hours, while NAS Meridian, Miss., has about 229,500. Aircraft A017, delivered in 1993, leads the fleet with an accumulated 7,346 flight hours. More than 3,000 aviators from the U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps and several other countries have earned their wings in a T-45.

Photo caption - A T-45A Goshawk trainer jet is taxied to the catapult in preparation for launch aboard the Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN 71). The fleet has made more than 32,000 carrier landings. (U.S. Navy photo)

I think this is the king with the best experience in carrier landings
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Originally posted by MaxPower

I think this is the king with the best experience in carrier landings
    as far as # of carrier landings, yes...but since they're being used for training I bet the quality is somewhat hurting

In a somewhat related note, if you're ever looking into purchasing an aircraft in the future, and you find out that it was involved in a high amount of flight training, proceed with caution

I remember when I was learning how to land I had a bunch where I go "are you sure that didn't break the plane?"

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
      as far as # of carrier landings, yes...but since they're being used for training I bet the quality is somewhat hurting

In a somewhat related note, if you're ever looking into purchasing an aircraft in the future, and you find out that it was involved in a high amount of flight training, proceed with caution

I remember when I was learning how to land I had a bunch where I go "are you sure that didn't break the plane?"
      Hahaha. "Crack!" Did you hear that ?

Okey, I should have rephrased myself there. Best = Most (as in training)
      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Working...
      X