Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Call it YOU CAN PUSH ME AGAIN TO THE EDGES !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call it YOU CAN PUSH ME AGAIN TO THE EDGES !!!

Looks the good old "Bear" intends staying aloft as long as contemporary Buff.
    Alain

US confirms close intercept of two Russian Tu-95 Bears in Alaskan buffer zone, Russia claims more undetected near-incursions
    By Justin Wastnage
    The US military has confirmed that its fighters, together with those of neighbouring Canada, intercepted two Russian Tupolev Tu-95 Bear long-range bombers that has "strayed" to within 15nm (28km) of US airpace in Alaska last week.

The US-Canadian joint North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) and US Air Force Northern Command revealed that the Tu-95s flew close to the North American buffer zone over Alaska, as first reported by the Denver Post newspaper, which serves NORAD's Colorado Springs headquarters.

The Tu-95s were on a training exercise last Thursday when they penetrated the buffer zone, although they stayed within international airspace. Four Boeing F-15C Eagles from the USAF and two Canadian Boeing CF-18 Hornets were scrambled and flew alongside the bombers until the Russian aircraft exited the zone.

However, Russian official claim that the intercepted sorties were a rarity, with most near incursions going undetected. "During the flights, part of a test of long-range aircraft, the bombers’ crews saw NATO fighters, which were flying parallel to them in their airspace,” the Russian air force says. “But there were also segments of flights, including close to Alaska, where our aircraft fly unaccompanied,” it adds.

The Russian bombers were likely part of a wider exercise in its Atlantic, Pacific and Arctic regions lasting four days from 26 September involving 70 bombers and the test-firing of 18 cruise missiles.
    Thanks for visiting
    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
    *JetPhotos*
    Airliners*Pbase.com

Interesting idea of this. Eagles and Hornets together keeping out the Bears.

On a more serious note, What's the size of that buffer like, After from they leave the international air space.?

And if they stayed within the intl air space, wouldn't you think it's a provocation that they had to fly alongside untill the bears have exited the area. I know it's only for precaution from the Eagles and Hornets side. Still I think either side can get pissed off with the result, OR in fact maybe the russian side were just testing the US readiness for interception...??
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

(USAF photo)

Comment

^Sweet pic

Originally posted by MaxPower
        Interesting idea of this. Eagles and Hornets together keeping out the Bears.

On a more serious note, What's the size of that buffer like, After from they leave the international air space.?

And if they stayed within the intl air space, wouldn't you think it's a provocation that they had to fly alongside untill the bears have exited the area. I know it's only for precaution from the Eagles and Hornets side. Still I think either side can get pissed off with the result, OR in fact maybe the russian side were just testing the US readiness for interception...??
        It was in international airspace, it's probably supposed to be where neither side should go into the buffer, and if they do, they other side can come out to check it out. Not provocation.

Just the two sides showing each other up, thats all.

Comment

^Most pilots involved reportedly also know each other ....
          Alain
          Thanks for visiting
          *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
          *JetPhotos*
          Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
          X