Scale Avro Canada CF-105 Rolled Out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scale Avro Canada CF-105 Rolled Out!

Bruno has uploaded a shot of the 1/1 scale model of an Avro Canada CF-105 Arrow.
    [photoid=5832163]

His remarks explain the history.

Excellent photo. A little shame they'd never went all the way with this Avro. Too bad it pretty much died. I wonder what kind of composites were used to make this replica. How much of it in metal and plastic? and how much is real parts...
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Sorry I didn't see this thread, nor did I remember to post in the proper forum when I made my thread about this... but if you want to see some of my shots, try this: http://www.jetphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=35624

They were taken from the fundraising gala and members-only unveiling, before the public got to see it.

Comment

She's a beautiful rig....
        My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Thanks for that AJ, this was a great event and gave the musume a big boost in popularity and all. They are also doin a Lanc and the momnet, all real parts thow. Should take another 10 years for it to be completed.
          http://www.torontoaerospacemuseum.com/

Comment

Originally posted by YYZPICS
            Thanks for that AJ, this was a great event and gave the musume a big boost in popularity and all. They are also doin a Lanc and the momnet, all real parts thow. Should take another 10 years for it to be completed.
            http://www.torontoaerospacemuseum.com/
            I assume all this work is completely volunteered job. I like how the members of the museum taking part of the planes history, the devotion to restore the greatness of the aircrafts. Kudos to all these members. And thanks to YOU Bruno for the excellent photo as well.. Well done Buddy

Comment

Yup its all volunteer, anyone with any knowledge on a/c or just wants to help can. Its really great! Also thanks for the comment John.

Comment

I heard about restored DC-3's and Lancasters, somehow a miracle they got it back into flying conditions, can you tell me if this replica can fly or was it only meant as a static demo acft.? <-Thats a noob question for you. Btw, The pleasure is on me, your welcome Bruno.

Comment

The Arrow is just for static, Not sure about the Lac, but I do know that they are doin the inside also, so as close to the original as they can.

Comment

The Lancaster is also for static display only.

The reg. is FM-104, built in Malton by Victory Aircraft (which was the predecessor of Avro Aircraft). It went over to Europe but did not see action; returned to Canada to serve as coastal patrol for the Royal Canadian Air Force, and eventually ended up on a pedestal on the edge of Lake Ontario just off the CNE grounds.

As its condition deteriorated due to outside elements and vandalism, the city asked interested parties to give it a new home, and the Toronto Aerospace Museum would become that home.

The condition was so bad that they pretty much had to gut it out and rebuild the aircraft, often using parts of other Lancasters.

Originally posted by YYZPICS
                    Yup its all volunteer, anyone with any knowledge on a/c or just wants to help can. Its really great!
                    Especially great when you come in to work on Saturday, because we often get cupcakes and/or fudge!

Comment

Congrats for this treat and the tremendous work to achieve it. Hats down for tackling with the challenge of reproducing Canada's air history of the 50s. Next one : how about the JetLiner.
                      Alain
                      Thanks for visiting
                      *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                      *JetPhotos*
                      Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by uy707
                        Next one : how about the JetLiner.
                        Alain
                        That would be extremly awesome, if someone decides to take on this project, and do it as well as TAM's Avro Arrow!

Comment

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
                          Especially great when you come in to work on Saturday, because we often get cupcakes and/or fudge!
                          thats awsome lol, Im really thinkin of helping out on the lanc, well not now because of school and work but in a year or so. Im working towards my AME so I have the skills, i think

Comment

Working...
                          X