F/A-18F Demo blow out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F/A-18F Demo blow out

This was at NAS Pensacola last weekend, Super Hornet landed and had it's wheel blow out. Pilot did one heck of a job keeping the plane from rolling

Amazing! Here is a link to the video on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66K8WXQvb90

Comment

Thats pretty neat. Awesome photos, to bad the blue angles f-18s got in the way in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/DC3Vette - playing guitar

Comment

Intersting to say the least, whats the reason for the sudden "drift" there?

Comment

Originally posted by seventwo
          Amazing! Here is a link to the video on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66K8WXQvb90
          Hey thanks for the video link. Geez listen to the commentator. He's good !

Yeah, too bad the Angels were in the way of the whole action. *
          Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Ouch!

Comment

I was there when this happened but my camera was sitting on the deck of the media stand. I already had 2 days of photos of the Super Hornet demo. Who would have guessed this was going to happen. Also on Thursday, a B-1B shred its port main tires on landing and sat on the runway all day Friday during the show. I took this photo of it during a flight in a Stearman on Thursday. If anyone else was there and got the tail number of the B-1 on Saturday, I would appreciate getting it.

Wayne Dippold

Comment

Wow, I didn't even hear about that B-1 incident, sweet shot!

Comment

What a stupid pilot, couldn't even keep the plane straight....I've had a blowout in MSFS and landed like a pro, with people clapping louder than the aplause he was getting....donkey...

Kidding!...very nice landing....nice to see them walking away.
                  (You brits will get that one)
                  My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

What the video doesn't show is that both tires did not blow out at the same time. The think the port tire went first and the pilot was keeping it straight with opposite nose wheel steering, then the starboard tire went and with all that correction already in to compensate for the already blown tire there was just not enough time to re-correct.

Cam, I know you said you were just kidding but people may not have picked that up under the picture.

Originally posted by Top_Gun
                    sweet shot!
                    Apparently not, rejected by the screeners for no reg. and bad quality.
                    Wayne Dippold

Comment

Originally posted by eagle334
                      Thats to bad, such a unique shot!

Comment

Originally posted by eagle334
                        that sucks, there are so many pictures in the DB w/out regs. I'd have to see the original to see how bad the quality is.

Found your Reg: 86-0119 DY CN-79

there is a picture of it landing on Fencecheck, http://www.fencecheck.com/forums/ind...c,4587.30.html

You should post your picture over there

Comment

I would say it was rejected for no reg because it was at an airshow and the plane was at the airshow including the day it arrived and stayed in the same spot for at least another day according to the other site linked here. Especially if you couldn't see it yourself, if you were "media" you could have had someone get it for you.
                          Tanner Johnson - Owner
                          twenty53 Photography

Comment

Well, Tanner. The B-1 came to a halt on the end of the main runway, almost a mile and a half away. I wasn't at the main runway when it landed on thursday. I was at the end of the cross wind runway speaking to Dale Snodgrass and the guys from Sky Soldiers, so I wasn't able to get a picture of it landing. Rick, the civilian I was dealing with for being there didn't get the tail number either. Believe it or not, most people are as not so anal rententive about them as we photographers are. The jet was repaired and placed on static display on Saturday, but I didn't get a chance to walk over there. Perhaps I should give up as being as you say "media" and start taking pictures of weddings and high school football games where things are a bit closer to make my life easier.
                            Wayne Dippold

Comment

Working...
                            X