F-15's Grounded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rattler
    But, to come back to topic, indeed the Singapore Air Force is called RSiAF or RSAF, the "R" of which an (US? Star Bulletin resides in Hawaii IIRC...) author having in mind the British colony background could easily interpret erroneously as "Royal" instead of "Republic (of)"...
    British Colony background from where?
    -Not an Airbus or Boeing guy here.
    -20 year veteran on the USN Lockheed P-3 Orion.

Comment

Originally posted by P3_Super_Bee
      British Colony background from where?
      Not sure about all detaily, but late 19th century (1870 +/- ) the Straits Settlements became a Crown Colony under the Colonial Office in London.

The Straits Settlements were, IIRC my long ago history lessons, composed of Singapore (governmet location), Malakka + Penang.

Standing by for incoming...

Rattler
      AD.info? Rings a bell somehow...

Comment

Not sure about all detaily, but late 19th century (1870 +/- ) the Straits Settlements became a Crown Colony under the Colonial Office in London.

The Straits Settlements were, IIRC my long ago history lessons, composed of Singapore (governmet location), Malakka + Penang.

Rattler
        Ahhh, thought maybe you ment Hawaii because of the Star Bulletin tie-in. Now I'm straight.

You'd be surprise how many people miss the boat when it comes to Hawaii. My kids went to stay with my Mom and Dad two weeks ago, Getting ready for me and my wife to join them first week of Feb, anyway. They say they get all kinds of wacked questions about Hawaii, "Do they speak English there?", "What kind of money you use there?" etc. HELLOO it's the 50th State, where has are education system gone LOL
        -Not an Airbus or Boeing guy here.
        -20 year veteran on the USN Lockheed P-3 Orion.

Comment

Rattler

iirc it may go back even further, I haven't got time to google but the name ''Stamford Raffles'' comes to mind, think may have been governor around turn of the 19th century

Comment

Working...
          X