• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No UFOs over Texas?

SOURCE: Ares Defense Blog
    DATE: JAN 23, 2008
    BY: Catherine MacRae Hockmuth

Military Rules Out UFOs

Much to the disappointment of UFO watchers, the U.S. Air Force says there were no UFOs flying over Texas on Jan. 8. The Houston Chronicle reports:

Quote: Although Air Force Reserve officials at the Joint Reserve Base Naval Air Station in Fort Worth initially said none of their planes were in the area Jan. 8, they said today that they had made a mistake and wanted to set the record straight "in the interest of public awareness."

Some residents aren't buying it, though, saying the military's revelation actually bolsters their claims because several reported seeing at least two fighter jets chasing an object.

"This supports our story that there was UFO activity in that area," said Kenneth Cherry, the Texas director of the Mutual UFO Network, which took more than 50 reports from locals at a meeting last weekend. "I find it curious that it took them two weeks to 'fess up. I think they're feeling the heat from the publicity."

From well-respected business owners to a county constable, several dozen people swear that what they saw was larger, quieter, faster and lower to the ground than an airplane. They also said the object's lights changed configuration, unlike those of a plane.
    AD.info? Rings a bell somehow...

Just want to point out that the ISGPOTM and I flew to SEP on Saturday to clear up this mess. Once they had a dose of my husband's Texas charm, they realized he was right that UFO's don't exist and came up with this cover story.
    Melissa* PPL SEL
    Official Winner of the ASF Aviation Safety Quiz 2006

Comment

UFOs, (and liberals) explained.

UFOs Explained with Proof
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2OW4x33BYg

Comment

Originally posted by ATFS_Crash
        UFOs, (and liberals) explained.

UFOs Explained with Proof
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2OW4x33BYg
        Apart from the G-Men (how does it explain those???) this should go to political forum.

Mil Aviation or Space connection, please?

Rattler

Comment

Originally posted by rattler
          Apart from the G-Men (how does it explain those???) this should go to political forum.
          Originally posted by rattler

Mil Aviation or Space connection, please?

Rattler

I understand your criticism and you have some good points.

However my posts is related to this situation and inspired by this situation. If someone wants to move it to a political forum I'm fine with that.

Much like you seem to be I am amused by this situation.

I think there is a connection the Liberals tend to promote distrust of the government, yet they themselves are promoting bigger more fascist government. I feel a lot of their conspiracy theories and paranoia is triggering this UFO hysteria.

The liberal press much as it badgers politicians, it badgers the military. Scenario, some individuals spot a UFO, many of them make the hysterical stereo typical assumption/implication that it is an extraterrestrial vehicle. In part they do their civil duty by reporting the sighting, however they also often use the opportunity to hysterically promote an agenda and to try to weasel out information and they invariably take things out of context making a media spectacle of the situation that could jeopardize national security and squander tax dollars. Often drawing unwanted attention to the military. The military does not have the staff or the money or training to handle the UFO hysteria. The switchboard often gets overloaded with the UFO hysteria, as a result they are distracted from their jobs of protecting our country. Often the officials will refuse to say anything to the media, so the media and individuals search for military personnel that they can quote and represent as officials even though the people that they often talk to don't have a clue what's going on. As a result they often say nothing is going on when there is. Often for security measures, even if they know there is something going on, they often have to deny it or play stupid or make something up as a cover story. Often the media and prying individuals can find discrepancies then it becomes confusing as to what is the cover story and what is real, and what is just ordinary discrepancies from poor communications and bad assumptions. The military like many organizations is compartmentalized, the left-hand doesn't always know what the right hand is doing, so sometimes stories don't jive, and people assume there is a conspiracy. Often there is a military project, and a cover story or deliberate confusion is leaked by the military. The UFO hysteria might help act as a cover story, however it also can have the adverse affect of bringing unwanted attention to secret projects.

1: UFOs means unidentified flying object; however many people try to assume or imply that they all are extra terrestrial aircraft. To the best of my knowledge, there never has been an extraterrestrial aircraft detected.

It seems healthy to assume UFOs are earthly natural phenomena. However many hysterical people like to assume the opposite, that everything unidentified is extraterrestrial, I think that is quite mentally sick.

2: As I said before, the UFO hysteria drains valuable resources from the military. While it can make a good cover story, it also can bring unwanted attention to classified projects. The UFO hysteria can hurt our budget/economy by bleeding our military.

3: The UFO hysteria creates distrust of our government and military. The same goals that many liberals have. The word games that the media and the UFO nuts play undermines and hurts the credibility of our military.

4: The UFO hysteria and media gets on the nerves of a lot of our soldiers. So sometimes our soldiers will tell the media a big yarn as a wild goose chase. Sometimes I think it's done with official permission, perhaps even by order as a diversionary tactic and to discredit instigators. In other words sometimes I think the military plays along and uses the same tactics as their harassers.

Like they say, there are some people you can tell them the truth and though never believe it, tell them a lie that they want to hear and they'll swallow it hook, line and sinker.

5: UFOs are a common occurrence in the military and in aviation, it's nothing to get hysterical about or make wild assumptions.

On the comical side I think there are many a complex multifaceted implications in the video such as Hillary is a G man. Hillary and many other liberals are space cadets…..

Comment

Very well, great effort to explain the unexplainable...

On the downside, again the mods wont see a reason to open a dedicated political forum...

Rattler

Comment

I don't mind if it's moved to off topics.

The short explanation. I agree in a way it's not related. I figured it might be better to parasite off of an abstractly related topic than to dedicate an entire thread to it. Either way, it doesn't matter that much to me.

Comment

Working...
              X