Usaf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usaf

What does a Officer in the USAF have to do to qualify for a aircraft as a pilot?
    BH Airlines A319

Bachelor's degree for starters.

Comment

Originally posted by Top_Gun View Post
      Thanks man that clears things up a lot.
      BH Airlines A319

Comment

Would this be a acceptable degree?
        Bachelor of Science - Aviation Management
        BH Airlines A319

Comment

Originally posted by Asmir Hamidovic View Post
          Would this be a acceptable degree?
          Bachelor of Science - Aviation Management
          Yes. Any four-year degree will do, even Underwater Basketweaving.

Comment

Originally posted by Spad13 View Post
            Yes. Any four-year degree will do, even Underwater Basketweaving.
            "When choosing your degree program, keep in mind that the Air Force prefers "scientific" degrees, such as aerospace engineering, physics, computer science, chemestry, etc. You will also need to have a high college GPA, generally 3.4 or above, to be competitive."

and...

"Candidates with civilian flight training, such as a private pilot's license, also tend to fair better with the selection board than those with no flying experience, at all."

From what I've been told however, is once you get too many hours you learn "bad habits" that the Air Force doesn't like, but I wasn't really given any examples. Most colleges have ROTC programs that you can join and will guide you along if you want to pursue that route.

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320 View Post
              "When choosing your degree program, keep in mind that the Air Force prefers "scientific" degrees, such as aerospace engineering, physics, computer science, chemestry, etc. You will also need to have a high college GPA, generally 3.4 or above, to be competitive."

and...

"Candidates with civilian flight training, such as a private pilot's license, also tend to fair better with the selection board than those with no flying experience, at all."

From what I've been told however, is once you get too many hours you learn "bad habits" that the Air Force doesn't like, but I wasn't really given any examples. Most colleges have ROTC programs that you can join and will guide you along if you want to pursue that route.
              Ok i'm thinking of this, Bachlor in Enviromental Science and a Sport Pilot rating! What about that?
              BH Airlines A319

Comment

Ok i'm thinking of this, Bachlor in Enviromental Science and a Sport Pilot rating! What about that?
                Sure, if that's what interests you. And as mentioned, any sort of flight experience would be helpful.

Comment

Better go for Master of Janitorial Arts with a hovercraft rating. Can't go wrong there.

Comment

As I was an instructor pilot in ENJJPT for a couple of years I can say that prior experience in flying really does not make a big difference in most cases.

Comment

What does the officer qualifying test consist of?
                      BH Airlines A319

Comment

What does the officer qualifying test consist of?
                        You know, Asmir, this is hardly classified information.

Or are you just lazy?

Comment

Working...
                        X