No announcement yet.

Canadian CF-188 crash with video.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Douglass was a light attack bomber with an nuke capability. It was also slow. Brief history, the AF version was the B-66. The old bird had seen a number of rolls from exec transport, photo, most were hauling fuel to support true attack operations (take off light and top aloft or meet on the way home) to extend range. Some were electronic countermeasures.

Since it was an aging bird and large and a bit slow since it was of Korean War vintage, the roles were easily split among the remaining aircraft, electronic role went to the prowlers, the tanker role to some intruders and so on. Corsair and Vigilante did some of the photo work. It served till the end of Nam and then some working as "test beds".

Watch the last scene of Flight of the Intruder and the protagonist who is down beyond enemy lines calls in an airs trike on himself to get the evil wicked VC and hold them back. He gives his position and squawks "Alpha Mike Foxtrot". In the movie theater, I am the only one to laugh. There were a few cute sayings that you may hear on the air ... "ThasAFirmTitty" may pop up or AMF and that translates to Adios Mother F'er./Alpha Mike Fox.
    Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

Watch the last scene of Flight of the Intruder and the protagonist who is down beyond enemy lines calls in an airs trike on himself to get the evil wicked VC and hold them back. He gives his position and squawks "Alpha Mike Foxtrot". In the movie theater, I am the only one to laugh. There were a few cute sayings that you may hear on the air ... "ThasAFirmTitty" may pop up or AMF and that translates to Adios Mother F'er./Alpha Mike Fox.[/quote]

- Happy to learn from the pros...You sound like a ridiculously interesting person to talk to. Its hard to ask questions without making reference to what was a tough time for most. I thought the Girl carried nukes, but didn't want to be...indescreet. The 60s is an exciting time to be flying anything, with the early jets and still some piston engines around.
      Its a privilage to talk to you mate.

Comment

Too many warm yards of ale in RAAF Townsville. I've not been the same since?
        Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

Originally posted by guamainiac View Post
          Too many warm yards of ale in RAAF Townsville. I've not been the same since?
          - Yeah, Queensland will do that to you...
          And warm ale...!

Comment

Originally posted by Luka View Post
            - Yeah, Queensland will do that to you...
            And warm ale...!

Particularly that rat urine XXXX

Comment

Working...
            X