• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks are deceiving

Comment

Originally posted by justLOT787 View Post
      Looks are deceiving
      A more correct quote would be "Looks can be deceiving" but they aren't necessarily. Compare what you see in the picture with the rear end of an F-22 and you will see what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
        A more correct quote would be "Looks can be deceiving" but they aren't necessarily. Compare what you see in the picture with the rear end of an F-22 and you will see what I mean.
        Yep, seems to be conventional exhausts. But were not very sure with that as the F-35's looks like that in certain angles, the diff. is just the F35 has 1, this has 2.

Comment

That's the truth and I'm sticking to it... just my belief like it or not is how I see things...
          So, which is it?

Comment

Most days, I just want to see one of something.
            Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

It flies!

A jet test was conducted only hours before Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates met with President Hu Jintao.

but, if made like the last Chinese can opener I bought, not for very long...

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
                Because of the Democrats??? Well, young man, let me quote an ancient Vulcan proverb to you: "Only Nixon could go to China." *lol...
                And George Bush was Nixon's the ambassador or representative there.

Comment

Originally posted by Highkeas View Post
                  And George Bush was Nixon's the ambassador or representative there.
                  George Bush sr.

Comment

Like I said before I’m sticking to what I wrote before! Look experts said that China would not have/develop a stealth fighter to about 2020-2025. These experts are wrong again!! Today Chinas president rewarded the engineer that designed the engines for that fighter. Just because they are round and not square it doesn’t mean any thing. So I think that this Chinese fighter will be a good competition for F-22. Another thing is that China is 100% active in their stealth fighter program and US gave up building the Raptor. And there are just so much upgrades you could do to the plane before it gets to expensive. So UAS only has 187-197 F-22’s? That’s nothing and don’t tell me because it’s too expensive because nothing is too expensive for US when it comes to weapons. This is just my personal view on all this. China is getting cocky now because they have some money to spend and they will spend it on their stealth, space program and they will make sure they are better than US.

Comment

What stealth? Even my car has better stealth capacities.

get FRA spotting informations here:
                      www.Frankfurt-Aviation-Friends.eu

Comment

Well, justLOT787, relax. The pictures tell us nothing about the capabilities of the plane, performance- or stealth-wise. Maybe it's just a bunch of crap. Remember how much trouble the US had initially to keep the F-117 in the air. On the other hand, maybe it is a great plane. In that case the US could buy them from China in exchange for 747s and all the other stuff they sell to the Chinese. Would still be a better deal than keeping the F-22 in production - a plane that there are definitely no enemies for. Because - to tell you the truth - there is not going to be a war between the US and China. Nobody has anything to win in this and both sides could only lose if it came to that.
                        Oh, I hear them crying already... "Appeasement!" If this just crossed anybody's mind, then please do some reading on current affairs and mid-20th century history before you post a reply to what I just wrote. I'd hate to see you embarrass yourself here...
                        Last edited by Peter Kesternich; 2011-01-13, 17:58.

Comment

I'm not saying that they are going to war at lees not any time soon. I'm just saying that China is getting cockeye towards US and doing what ever they want. They are a acting like they don’t need US any more and they want to tell America how they should run their country.

Comment

The media is acting like the unveiling of this fighter in news. I have seen reports of this program over the last several years and I bet the DOD knows lots more about then they are saying.

I used to work in the ejection seat business and you knew when a new plane was being planned; all of a sudden engineers from various countries would show up at conventions and air shows. One year in Paris a Russian engineer came over, sat in our ejection seat, and asked for his photo to be taken. We obliged - but only pictured his head (that was pre-digital camera days).

In Paris we also had visitors asking if we could provide F-14 and F-4 parts - guess who that was?

Comment

So I think that this Chinese fighter will be a good competition for F-22.
                              Especially if they add in the two-year extended warranty.

Comment

The Chinese got all excited about the Saab Viggen. Will that be in the 220 or 230 horsepower trim sir and 2 or 4 door?

They did end up with the old 1'st and 2'nd generation 9-5's though.
                                Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

Working...
                                X