Spotters Day TLP 2011-1 (Registration) Albacete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotters Day TLP 2011-1 (Registration) Albacete

The Tactical Leadership Programme (TLP), and the Public Affairs Office of the Spanish Air Force are organizing a spotter's day on February the 8th (*), in order to offer professional and amateur photographers, who love aviation, the opportunity to see and take pictures of all the combat aircraft that are taking part in the first course of the year (TLP 2011-1).

The aircraft participating in this course include French Mirage-2000D and RDI, German Tornados PA200, Finish F/A-18C and Spanish EF-18M, Dutch F-16AM, Italian Eurofighter and AMX, French E-3F AWACS and Italian helos AB-212.

Those photographers wishing to attend must follow the instructions that can be found in the following website:

http://www.thefightercommunity.com/Web/home_english.htm

The number of registrations is limited and the last day to submit your registration is 28th January.

The Tactical Leadership Programme (TLP) is an organisation formed under a Memorandum of Understanding between 10 NATO nations. The objective of the TLP is to increase the effectiveness of allied tactical air forces through the development of leadership skills, tactical flying capabilities, mission planning and tasking capabilities, and conceptual and doctrinal initiatives. TLP is based at Albacete Air Force Base in Spain and its two operational branches - Flying Branch and Academic & Concepts and Doctrine Branch- are staffed by experienced personnel from the member nations.

(*) If for any reason the TLP aerial operations have to be cancelled the 8th (i.e. due to adverse weather conditions), the spotter's day would be moved to 9th February.

In case any if you could be interested.
    Alejandro
    http://www.thefightercommunity.com
    Videos and DVDs about Military Aviation and Airshows

aah a wonderful organized event ... sadly something that authorities in the USA will NEVER ever do. Damn I love Europe.
    Last edited by saupatel; 2011-01-21, 16:13.

Comment

Ummmm have you ever heard of the Civil Air Patrol and the cadets program? You love Europe? Well feel free to get up and go. Oh, they don't let you and they are very restrictive, I forgot so you probably just can't, they D-I-S-C-R-I-M-I-N-A-T-E. I guess you could go B-A-C-K if that's an option?

Sadly, it is not a "cool" thing in a punk'd out world but it use to be fun for the kids and gave many a chance to get started.

You would find many more kids flying in the US than you ever would in Europe 20 years ago. I wouldn't say that US kids were denied of aviation.

Me? Major Allen gave me the bounce when after a few years in the Navy she tried to hustle me and then told me to go back to "high and tight".

They used to operate L-19's and 172's and such. Not under the UCMJ but were an arm of the Air Force.

Sadly, in a "post 9/11" USofA, even another program has tightened and darned near made it impossible for involvement. Not CAP, but there were other programs that were government sponsored, they are still alive but ... I guess there are good reasons.
      Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

Real cool. The Euro kids can get to take photos of the Bell Huey (Hu1E), Boeing, Falcon and Hornet.

Wow, real photos of a bunch of US planes and choppers and stuff.

And, I mean no disrespect to the guys and gals who fly across the pond. One of the most amazing sights I have seen were the NATO exercises in the Grampians of the Tornado jocks doing low and close and fast. Yeah it made me sit agape and in awe. Or of the Mirage pilots who put a show on for us down in Australia.

Patel, you don't have a clip for that thing do you?
        Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

Originally posted by guamainiac View Post
          Patel, you don't have a clip for that thing do you?
          nope

Comment

Working...
          X