RIAT 2011 40th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIAT 2011 40th

Is the 2011 line up a let down or a sign of the times and should we be thankful for what will be there?
    Its our premier military air show but there are no Typhoons slated to attend , not even on static display.

http://www.airtattoo.com/airshow/Air...Other-Military

I will be there this year for the first time and I am determined to have a good time regardless but there seems to be a lot of unhappy regular visitors.

I would say that the Ukrainian delegation is a good one. Altough only static.
    And the Saudi Hawks are also a gem.

I've been there twice and there were always some nice surprises.
    This year I am off to Duxford so no RIAT for me.....
    Last edited by ErwinS; 2011-06-27, 10:13.
    “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

I was looking at the list and noted the lack of Typhoons too. I do really hope that they might be able to find one last minute.

I'm really hoping to go this year. I've got that weekend of work so it's certainly a possibility. Last time I tried to go, I got tickets and it got rained off.

Comment

Its our premier military air show but there are no Typhoons slated to attend , not even on static display.
        The Typhoons are needed in Libya, hence why no static or display aircraft.

Comment

Isn't RIAT also not about the rare visitors? RAF Typhoon's are to be seen in the future for many more times.
          “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
            Isn't RIAT also not about the rare visitors? RAF Typhoon's are to be seen in the future for many more times.
            A fair point, I have seen plenty of Tiffies in the past and no doubt will do so again but it is a sign of how stretched the RAF is at the moment which should be a point to think about for the British public.

I am really looking forward to seeing all of the foreign teams and I am sure it will be a great Show.

As I am taking the family we have decided to Splash out and have bought tickest fro the Pimms enclosure which is at the east end of the runway so should be good for take offs and landings.

Comment

Working...
            X