Allergies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allergies

Another boring day at work, so I have to start a new thread.
    Which of you do have any king of allergy, and how does it affect your life?
    I for one have "Lactose Intolerance", meaning I'm allergic to everything that contains milk or some form of lactose. I probably had this prblem for years, but it wasn't diagnosed before February last. before that, I had stomach problems every single day and wwas really suffring. But nowadays, I know of my problem, and that lactose is basically in almost everything: Milk, cheese, Mentos, gummi bears, certain medications, potato chips (!), etc etc. the list goes on and on. To eat these products, I have to take pills, and these pills cost 30,75€ in Germany for 200 pills, each containing 1000 lactase enzyms, so these pills cost a fortune here in Germany. But thankfully there is WALMART and its wide choice of Equate-products. Their pills only cost $6,29 for 120 pills, with each containing 3000 enzyms, meaning these pills on cost a third of the Germans, and are thrice as strong, so thanks to that, my life is much better now, even despite the allergy.

-Colin

Why pills?
    My sister was diagnosed with lactose alergy about 10 years ago (after 10 years of incorrect diagnoses telling her she had anything from Asthma to chronic bronchitis to pathological sleep disorder).
    She needs no pills, just be carefull not to eat ANYTHING that contains any milk products or byproducts.

Basically that means no prepacked foodstuff without studying the label extremely carefully.

Her symptoms are somewhat different. When she gets any lactose at all she gets extremely tired and is sick for several days.
    She's been in bed a week after being served meat that was cooked in a pan in which before other meat had been cooked in butter even if the pan had been wiped clean afterwards and her meat cooked in olive oil, it's that bad in her casse.

Comment

Allergies

The symptoms arethe reason why I take the pills. The reaction I used to get from lactose started with a little unwell being, that slowly became worse, and around 5 hours after eating I would be suffering from severe cramps taht would last about an hour before they would get less. Those allergic reaction often enough made me cry because I couldn't stand the pain anymore. And another thing is, it is not always clear if there is any form of lactose in what I'm eating, so I also take pills as a security measure.

-Colin

Comment

When I was a little kid I was diagnosed with all kind of allergies, but none has appeared so far nor affected me.
        I was diagnosed with allergies to Animals, Dust, heat....
        But my health is really good, none of that so far...

Comment

I have hay fever in the spring, in addition to allergies to many fruits, including:

-Mangos
          -Kiwis
          -Pears
          -Apples
          -Cherries
          -Pomogranites
          -Tomatoes
          -Many others

Also allergic to catepillars.
          www.acairport.com

Comment

I'm allergic to dust (isn't everyone?). However, I am taking allergy shots every week for my allergies. Why? Because my symptoms are pretty bad. Most of the time, if not always, one side of my nose is always clogged up.

Comment

I have a mild form of Lactose Intolerance compared to you DAL767-400ER from what you described your symtoms as being. I haven't been properly dionosed as having it, however i know i have it mildly. I dont have to watch exactly what i eat, but if i had 3-5+ glasses of chocolate milk i'll get massive stomach cramps, and i have to visit the loo. but i can handle up to 3 glasses fine. 4 or more chocolate yogurt really gets me as well

Comment

I suffer from hayfever which means I'm allergic to Pollen... and I cannot stand it

Comment

I am allergic to Cats and Latex.

I was taking a first aid class, and the instructor had latex and non-laxex gloves next to eachother and I reached for the wrong box...uggh.

Patrick

Next Flights:

October 14, 2006 - Airtran MDW-MSP
                  October 16, 2006 - Airtran MSP-MDW

Comment

Fly_Southwest- your just like me!!! I am sevrely allergice to Latex as well. One touch and my neck closes, and i cant breathe and i get all red and rashes, well im sure you get the pic. and Cats im not bad but if i handle them alot and physically inhale the fur I start sneezing and get hard to breathe but thats the worst iv had with Cats.

Alex
                    Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

I used to have an allergy to typical bandages such as band-aids (I'd get a bumpy, itchy rash wherever a bandage was applied), nowadays it's pretty much nonexistent. Obviously nothing compared to what some of you have to contend with.

Cathay Pacific - The Heart of Asia

Comment

Working...
                      X