Glasses, contacts, or neither?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eagle_Driver
    I have both glasses and contacts, but mainly wear contacts. I don't know why it takes some of you guys 30 minutes, etc... to put them on. I put both of my contacts in, in about 10 seconds. If you're new at it, don't worry you'll be as quick as me in a couple of months Oh yeah, hopefully I'll qualify for PRK in about 4 or 5 years
    I don't feel like poking at my eyes at 6 in the morning
    ***My Blog***

Comment

Got Pilot Eyes... aka 20/20

Adam

Comment

Yeah, why's it take so long for you guys to put your contacts in?

It took me long the first few days, but now I pop 'em in in about a minute.
        www.acairport.com

Comment

Glasses
          Contacts when I fly.
          Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Glasses here.

Comment

Nothing now, im gonna need glasses or something though, everything seems really bright to me. need sunglasses to see properly
              Sam Rudge
              A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

I'm supposed to wear glasses but I only put them on in class, at the computer or when I'm watching TV. My vision is progressively getting worse, so I'm planning to get contacts after I graduate next year.

Currently the only problem I have is reading words, numbers and characters which are some distance away - although my colour differentiation skills are perfectly fine.

Cathay Pacific - The Heart of Asia

Comment

Im short sighted ie i cant see stuff on a whiteboard. I have glasses and contacts, but i only wore contacts for a few days, i couldent be bothered with them in the end. some people in the post before mine go "i have perfect vision got pilot eyes etc" congratulations, do u want a medal? I'm well into my cpl and need to wear glasses when i fly, that doesn't make me any less of a pilot than people with good vision, and in fact airline pilots can fly with bottle top thick glasses if need be. what you see in the end is all that matters, with or without glasses. Even if that was a problem laser only goes for something like NZ $500 a piece or something

Comment

Reading glasses when
                    -posting in our forum
                    -browsing on the screen
                    -using the PDA and off course
                    -reading
                    Alain
                    Thanks for visiting
                    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                    *JetPhotos*
                    Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Glasses, contacts, or neither?

I'm shortsighted and have been wearing glasses for the last 4 years. I tried contacts, but felt very uncomfortable with them, although my glasses are also getting on my nerves. But since my eyesight seems to get worse every year, I'm looking at a laser operation some time down the road (in the US of course, you can't pay that in Germany).

-Colin

Comment

Glasses. Contact lenses sound like hassle and discomfort to me.

Plus contact lenses will cost you a lot more in the long run.
                        Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Originally posted by Ilbap
                          Glasses. Contact lenses sound like hassle and discomfort to me.

Plus contact lenses will cost you a lot more in the long run.
                          Depends who you get them from

Comment

Both glasses and contacts. And contacts take me only a few seconds to put on.

Comment

Originally posted by iceman
                              Both glasses and contacts. And contacts take me only a few seconds to put on.
                              Cleaning my bloody glasses takes ten times longer than putting my contacts on, so yes I prefer contacts whenever possible... Plus, you can wear quality sunglasses on top of them which in itself is a big, I mean a big advantage. They might be a bit more expensive, but in this case you get what you pay for.

Comment

Working...
                              X