Acts of stupidity (political)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acts of stupidity (political)

Here's a couple of stupid things the world's most favourite president has publicly said in the past:

"The vast majority of our imports come from outside the country."
    - George W. Bush

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."
    - George W. Bush

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any Governor, and that one word is 'to be prepared'."
    - Governor George W. Bush

"I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future."

"The future will be better tomorrow."

"We're going to have the best educated American people in the world."

"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made."

"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe."

"Public speaking is very easy."

"A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls."

"We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur."

"For NASA, space is still a high priority."

"Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children."

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in
    our air and water that are doing it."

"It's time for the human race to enter the solar system."

Thank God most of the statements are from his time as a Governor, but then again he basically still IS the Governor of Texas .

Regards,
    Peter

Here are a few more things said by President Bush in the recent past:

"The legislature's job is to write law. It's the executive branch's job to interpret law."
    -George W. Bush, Nov. 2000

"I do remain confident in Linda. She'll make a fine labor secretary. From what I've read in the press accounts, she's perfectly qualified."
    -George W. Bush, commenting on Linda Chavez, Jan. 2001

"One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures."
    -George W. Bush

"It is clear our nation is reliant upon big foreign oil. More and more of our imports come from overseas."
    -George W. Bush, Beaverton, Ore., Sep. 25, 2000

"If the terriers and bariffs are torn down, this economy will grow."
    -George W. Bush, Jan. 2000

"Mr. Vice President, in all due respect, it is - I'm not sure 80 percent of the people get the death tax. I know this: 100 percent will get it if I'm the president."
    -George W. Bush, during the third presidential debate, Oct. 2000

"We cannot let terrorists and rogue nations hold this nation hostile or hold our allies hostile.''
    -George W. Bush
    Abbas Ali

Webmaster of :
    History of PIA - Pakistan International Airlines

Comment

But if you think this guy became president you have to stop laughing immediatly.
      Andy

Comment

He did not become president, he was not elected. Ooops, we have had that before .

Regards,
        Peter

Comment

Re: Acts of stupidity (political)

Originally posted by aerpix
          Thank God most of the statements are from his time as a Governor, but then again he basically still IS the Governor of Texas .

Actually, he is the President of the United States of America, elected fairly and democratically by the people of our country. Popular votes dont matter, he won fair and square.
          Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

He did not become president, he was not elected. Ooops, we have had that before .

Regards,
            Peter
            Where have you been for the past 3 years? Did you somehow MISS the elections?
            Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

No, I didn't miss them, and can pretty well remember that you had about two months to find out to whom you would assign the term , and the same two months to debate whether to count again, or not !

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."
              - George W. Bush

Regards,
              Peter

Comment

The media DID do a Florida recount, and Bush won.

Comment

What media, FOX News? Never heard of any re-count that resulted in Governor Bush officially becoming President of the United States.

Regards,
                  Peter

Comment

What media, FOX News? Never heard of any re-count that resulted in Governor Bush officially becoming President of the United States.

Regards,
                    Peter
                    Nope, all of them did. CNN, FOX, MSNBC, and some others.

Comment

And why is it that this never became public over here? As far as I remember Governor Jeb Bush prevented an official re-counting in Florida, and the courts decided that his brother was now president. That's it, no re-count.

Regards,
                      Peter

Comment

And why is it that this never became public over here? As far as I remember Governor Jeb Bush prevented an official re-counting in Florida, and the courts decided that his brother was now president. That's it, no re-count.

Regards,
                        Peter
                        It wasn't an official recount that would decide who was president, the media just wanted to know so they did their own.

Comment

Okay, but then still George W. Bush jr. was never OFFICIALLY elected, he was put into the term by legal force.

Regards,
                          Peter

Comment

This is going nowhere.

Who cares if he was elected or not, the point is that he is the president, who makes some really funny mistakes.
                            "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Recounts were unofficially done after Bush was in office and stated Bush did win enough votes from Florida, but the Supreme Court put him in office. Really though does it matter? It was between Bush or Gore did we have much of a choice? I personally don't think Gore would have been any better. The economy would still have gone to $hit, 9/11 still would have happened. Gore just would have left Iraq alone leaving us to deal with Saddam later on in the future. Bush simply moved things to the forefront.

As far as I'm concerned the only great Presidents of modern times are FDR, JFK, Regan, Nixon, and Teddy Roosevelt (my idol). Each one did something to impact the world and America for the better. FDR-lead the world to victory over the Nazi's and took the U.S out of the depression, JFK-prevented WWIII and created truly great social policy, Regan-helped to destroy Communism and advanced technology with military research, Nixon-opened China and improved relations with Russia, Teddy Roosevelt-made America a true world power and created the national park system which to this day is the single most significant policy to help protect nature and the environment.

Comment

Working...
                              X