Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jp.Net Get together in Daytona Beach (Lots of Photos)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jp.Net Get together in Daytona Beach (Lots of Photos)

Hey troops. Our dear friend Greg Dewey came to Daytona Beach to tour the Daytona Beach ERAU campus. Of course, we got together and showed him the place. Here is our afternoon in pictures:

Greg in my chair.. getting a much needed dose of Jetphotos.net :P

Then Mike Costigliola (Mikecweb) showed up and met greg and greg just had to show off his awesome lense!

Mike then saw i was takin pics and gives me his usual salutation (Gangsta Mike?) :

Greg and I then headed down to the flight line to get some shots...

Here.. Greg is testing his Canon out..

Greg then let me use his way cool 75-300... Here I am chasing a Beechjet at 300mm

Greg caught the ERJ on take off and shot some of the riddle planes taxiing.. perhaps we'll see them on the database here in teh next few days..

We then split after lunch, greg and his pops went on a school tour and i went to speech class. Afterwards, we met back up and grabbed our gear and headed down to Adam Int Veldts room. (He has 1 pic on jp.net)

Adam Int Veldt drove us to the end of 7L and we got there just in time to see the MD88 come over.

Here's Adam Int Veldt walkin over to us.

Photo from Adam Int Veldt of the two 300D users:

Greg and Adam realized that my position of stading in the middle of the 4 lane road was the best spot to spot from and so they came and joined me...

Of course.. you cant go anywhere in Daytona without seeing some lonely nascar hobo..

And then there are the just totally RED NECK people in Daytona

While we were spotting an ambulance rolled up and stopped. We thought maybe he was radioing the cops cause three people were just randomly standing out on a highway median. In the end, we just figured he was just there to spot a little himself as they watched the planes coming over too.

Greg got this awesome shot of a twin coming over our heads.

Then.. the sunset came and we got ready to leave:

Returning to the truck after a couple solid hours of spotting... Gettin ready to hit up the "village" for some dinner:

Greg is still here for the next couple hours and it has been a fantastic day so far. Im sorry greg couldn't stay longer. Can't wait to come to BWI to spot some more with his tight ass lense.

Fantastic Day!

Adam Wright

Hell, It was fun, I've never shot so many missed approaches in my life.

Comment

It was fun talking to all you guys on the phone, gotta go down there for myself one of these days!

Dodgers suck, Greg!

Comment

Re: Jp.Net Get together in Daytona Beach (Lots of Photos)

Originally posted by DeltaASA16
        That's not what I expected Mike to look like.

Comment

Sounds like fun!

You went to the plane pull? How was that?
          www.acairport.com

Comment

*sigh* I have to get back to Florida again . You guys obviously had a very good time.

-Colin

Comment

you should come to North Dakota instead. In Florida they have palm trees and sandy beaches...but we have...uhh...damn. I'll get back to you on that

Comment

Nice sunset....

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
                  Nice sunset....
                  Ditto
                  My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

you should come to North Dakota instead. In Florida they have palm trees and sandy beaches...but we have...uhh...damn. I'll get back to you on that
                    Ok I'll be waiting . In the meantime, I'll nevertheles won't give up the hope on getting back to St. Augustine this summer. Hope is the last thing to die.

-Colin

Comment

Spotting with Adam 1 and Adam 2 was awesome. I gave up an observer ride to go spot but I don't regret it in the least bit. Adam 2 is a Marylander so hopefully I can get him and Adam 1 out to BWI for some serious spotting.

One of the best times I've ever had spotting.

Comment

Damn....I missed all the fun. lol I drove up Williamson a couple hours before (it looks like) you guys were there!

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

Crap Josh! Are you still in town!?

If so.. give me a call. I'd give out my # but im sure i'd be swarmed with calls from eager ladies.. and I cant deal with that right now

Drop me a PM

Adam

Comment

If so.. give me a call. I'd give out my # but im sure i'd be swarmed with calls from eager ladies.. and I cant deal with that right now
                            Sure...

The only person who calls is Mr. Kiel.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
                              Sure...

The only person who calls is Mr. Kiel.
                              No.. scotts a cheap B@stard and makes me call :P

Comment

Working...
                              X