No announcement yet.

why do people pay to join a.net?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If some people want being funny it's their business .... I know one thing, I won't jump into the bandwagon.
    Alain
    Thanks for visiting
    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
    *JetPhotos*
    Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

I didn't pay to join A.net, I've been a member there so long that I got grandfathered in when they started charging for usernames. I joined over here during the Great Non-Av Forum Lockout last May, because I was not going to pay to upgrade to first class just so I could post in non-av.

Comment

Looks like srbmod and I have something in common!

Anyway, spring seems to be somewhat of a tough time for a.net - in 2003, the non-av "meltdown", in 2004, "Skippergate".

Comment

I think 10-20% of the members already registered way before the payment system begins. and I doubted they have to pay if they don't want to go to the so-called "First Class" membership thing.
          Airline Route News
          Airline Route Map Drawings

Comment

Think they had to in order to be kept in listings.
            I used to recieve the free newsletter, which is in fact a jumble of headlines sorted by countries, but since a few weeks when wanting to get more of a specific headline, you are now directed to the First Class Membership form !!!! So I left it wilting and got unsubscribed, since I did not improve to "First Class Member Status"....
            Alain
            Thanks for visiting
            *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
            *JetPhotos*
            Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Seems like most have been joining lately just to cause trouble. Several new members do nothing but flame and try to incite trouble. They're busy turning the Non-Aviation section into a flame war again. What is funny is they can post things like "I hope you learned on Sept. 11th what the Palestinians have been feeling" or "Go F*** yourself, Jew Lover" and none of their posts are deleted. Now when I said "Spain surrendered to the terrorists", that b*tch SN-330 deleted it within minutes even though others had said the same thing. He allowed "Go F*ck yourself Jew lover" to remain. It was finally deleted by another mod.

The only reason I can think anyone pays money to join that site is to either try and get their photos accepted, or to raise hell on the Non-Aviation forum. It is rare to see a new member post anywhere but there (and sometimes the photography forum) so most are not joining to discuss aviation and/or photography. I'd bet 90% are members who have been banned and just can't stand being booted so they keep coming back again and again. If anyone should be paying money, it should be the photographers. It is their pictures that cost most of the bandwidth, not the forums. Of course, it is all about $$$, not "the hobby" as Johan likes to claim.

Comment

Working...
              X