Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Famous people you'd like to see in a passenger jet...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Famous people you'd like to see in a passenger jet...

Have you ever met famous people on board a passenger jet? If yes, you should probably not say the name.

I'm interested in people who you know from TV or from the movies, and who you somehow admire,
    and who you've never seen in a passenger jet.

Here, I am the threadstarter, so I should have one woman or one man in mind. And yes, that's true.

Tom Selleck. I don't know if he avoids commercial flights which we discuss here. But in my eyes, he is a good guy. He is a winter child, like me. And he knows the answer, always when I wonder if Higgins is a woman. No, definitely not, not in the Original. And I like the Original. Hawaii, 1980.

PS: One minute ago, here on my screen happened a thing which you could not invent. My thought was, Simon & Simon is another Original which they show on German TV from time to time. San Diego, 1981. How many sentences in your mother tongue are allowed per week. This is the start of the topic, so probably I should translate. Original from de dot wikipedia dot org, translated by me:
    'After 156 episodes, that would almost have been the end for Simon & Simon in the year 1982. Only after Simon & Simon changed its place in the broadcasting schedule, it became a success. Since 1982 directly broadcasted, [and I don't invent that,] after Magnum P.I.' end of the quotation.

So far about famous people..

Stay tuned. Next tuesday I like to continue with Jean Reno, and I like to become younger and younger with my famous people. But you can interrupt me, why not with a woman.
    Last edited by LH-B744; 2020-07-14, 07:55. Reason: Interrupt me, why not with a woman.
    The German long haul is alive, since more than 60 years.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    Aviation enthusiast, since more than 35 years with home airport EDDL.

Clint Eastwood is btw also valid as an interruption. It is not a law that we have to continue with younger people, after Mr Selleck.

But Eastwood is too easy, isnt it. Everybody knows that I admire him. 90 years now, so he was ... 48 when I was born? Eastwood is worth two interruptions, 2 x 45 years.

So far for today.

Comment

I have flown the previous german President Horst Kohler (and his 5 protection officers) and F1 Champion Nico Rosberg

Comment

I have seen Walesa (Polish President), he is not a famous person, but always something.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheese View Post
          I have seen Walesa (Polish President), he is not a famous person, but always something.
          Lech Walesa? Well, here in Germany I even know his first name, so, I'd say, if I met him on board a LH-B744, that would definitely be worth an entry here in this topic.

And you even go one step further, my idea was, who would you like to meet on board a passenger jet.

You extended that to, very well known people who you really have seen on board.

Back to my idea, who could we meet on board. I have one man in mind, who almost exactly is ... 51 years older than me. Now you should know how old I am... Well... just visit my profile..
          His name is, Mr Harry Belafonte, born March 1st 1927.

94 years on this planet.

PS: March 3rd 1978. I won't get anything for free for that day, but that's not either my aim. ...
          Last edited by LH-B744; 2021-03-04, 22:56. Reason: Stevie Wonder - Happy Birthday .

Comment

I don't know if that has to do with the movie "Jackie Brown" by Quentin Tarantino. But in this movie, Pamela Grier in her role says, and until today I only know the German TV version:
            [the question by Robert Forster, who played her parole officer, was something like that]
            'Sie wissen aber schon das jemand zwischenzeitlich den CD Spieler erfunden hat?'

Her answer: 'Ja schon, aber ich kaufe mir nicht so oft neue Musik.' -- and she starts the music on her xx year old vinyl record player.

So, who do you like to meet on board a LH-B744?

Bruce Springsteen (*23.09.1949) . I know that all the LH-B744 already stand by to again cross the pond. We only need 300 people, so that EWR - FRA does not seem ridiculously empty.

Hungry Heart (1980). I do not buy new music that often.
            Last edited by LH-B744; 2021-03-30, 01:55. Reason: Plattenspieler.

Comment

Hm. If I could I probably liked to change the name of that topic into "World famous people you like to meet on board a 747" .

But now it is like it is. Even before the movie "A fish called Wanda" appeared in movie theatres in Germany, and afaik that was the year 1988, I really was a fan of the B747.

By then, 33 years ago, I began to realize that not only the Lufthansa owns the B747. Back to the movie, back to Heathrow. Back to the BA-B742 Landor. Oh man, I really begin to become old. Or who else here in this forum still knows how a BA-B742 British Landor looks like. Well, this wouldn't be jetphotos, if that beautiful bird weren't in the database:

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8367933

The British Landor X-Ray Juliet.

And now, let's imagine a man who had celebrated his 67th birthday, back then in 1988. He died last Friday, at the very brilliant age of 99.

HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh (1921-2021).

PS: I am really not so very much a fan of funerals. But if you have once in your life have ever been to London, like me, this one I had to mention. I'd rather celebrate birthdays. Back to the movie. John Cleese (*1939) will this year undergo celebrations for his 78th birthday.
              Last edited by LH-B744; 2021-04-12, 17:35. Reason: What is the better celebration, a funeral or a birthday.

Comment

Sometimes when really worldwide famous people appear in the news I wonder what happens when they get up on a lazy sunday morning. The wife appears in your bedroom.
                Prince Philip Mountbatten, would you soon have the honour to get up. (auf Deutsch natürlich mit "würden Sie die Ehre haben").

No. Yesterday, on sunday, he didn't have again the honor to get up. Not again, after 99 years on this planet. Which is an honor, and a prototype, probably not only for me, but also for his wife.

Comment

Working...
                X