Opening hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening hours

Well, I better should have asked Gabriel for the proper translation, but he's not here at the moment. So..

Opening hours. That does not only mean doors where you can read something like 'during that damn disease we are only open between x and y' , but in General.

Do you have a comparison between a store, a restaurant, an office or whatever you like, one year ago or let's say from the beginning of the year and now?

As this is an aviation forum, we can talk about airports, and everything what's inside such an airport. But as this is the offtopic section, it could be that one administrator does not restrict us. Again, I have not asked before I opened this topic. Restaurants whereever you like, not necessarily only on airports. Et cetera.

I have at least one example to start with. The McDonald's restaurant at Lohausen International airport. Usually open 24/7 , i.e. always. Today restricted, they will not open before 06:30 a.m. CEST!
    Last edited by LH-B744; 2020-10-22, 22:09. Reason: MESZ. In English? CEST, afaik. Which here in Germany is valid until Sat October 24th 2020 . Set your clock if necessary.
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Second thing is, the Lohausen Airport Sky Train. Together with this one and the supermarket, I spontaneously even know three examples for altered opening hours.

But let's stay with the Sky Train for a second. Usually at Lohausen "we" have one Skytrain (the airport says 'SkyTrain', but let me simplify that) with two waggons and up to 94 passengers,
    every 4 to 7 minutes !
    And that goes daily, the first train at 03:45 a.m.
    and the last train at 00:45 in the next night.
    That means, the normal capacity of the Lohausen Sky Train is a little bit more than 800 passengers during an hour.

Now there comes the Skytrain restriction for today. Always in mind that the first flight today goes at 0600, and, more important, the last flight today arrives at 22:25 ...
    Skytrain restricted, only Mon - Sat between 06:00 and 22:00 h .

Don't ask me why. It is a God given fact,
    and nobody is able to explain why the Skytrain Lohausen does not pick up at least the passengers from the last flight today.

Comment

..And if that were not enough, the Rheinbahn, who operates all metro trains, trams, buses in Düsseldorf, at Lohausen airport, and even partly outside of Düsseldorf, does not work today.

Rheinbahn opening hours today, Tue October 20 th 2020: n/a !
      Due to strike.

The one million dollar question is, will at least the Lohausen Skytrain work today. I don't have yet the answer.

Somebody?

Comment

Working...
      X