Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monster Earthquake in SoCal by 9/5/04?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No.Cal is overdue. Our last "Big "One" was the Loma Prieta 7.1 in 1989.

Comment

There's suppose to be a "big one" in the next few years somewhere around Memphis that would be devastating to New Orleans and places along the Mississippi River.
      Prepare For Takeoff - Spread Your Wings - Take Flight at Little Rock National
      ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Comment

Joining in on all the "positive" predictions , scientists also say that the caldera (huge underground magma chamber) under the Yellowstone will be exploding in the next years, and that it will be as devastating as a nuclear winter.

-Colin

Comment

Read recently again that the Japanese Secret Service has been awarded another mission next to a major earthquake hitting Kobe. The country's secret service are now the only one worldwide to be tasked in predicting and tracking them. It would be intersting to see the local FBI bureau getting a similar mission.
          Alain
          Thanks for visiting
          *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
          *JetPhotos*
          Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Guess we better get our emergency supplies updated. My wife and I both work for the County and in the event of a catastrophe, we become emergency workers. San Diego County is way overdue for a big quake. All of the dams in the area are over 50 years old. We recently had a training that highlighted some of these weaknesses and what we could possibly expect if a big quake occurred.

Comment

Re: Monster Earthquake in SoCal by 9/5/04?!?!

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
              Joining in on all the "positive" predictions , scientists also say that the caldera (huge underground magma chamber) under the Yellowstone will be exploding in the next years, and that it will be as devastating as a nuclear winter.

-Colin
              Yellowstone is probably the most scary in my opinion. The last eruption left heavy ash deposits as far east as Indiana and as far South as Texas!
              Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Yellowstone is probably the most scary in my opinion. The last eruption left heavy ash deposits as far east as Indiana and as far South as Texas!
                According to some experts, there would be no more Indiana or Texas if that happened, because all of the US, Canada and parts of Mexico would be one giant ash desert, with a big hole in the Rockies , and the whole world would have to suffer because ash clouds would keep the sun away for several weeks . Better pry this won't happen, although it'll probably won't be unavoidable .

-Colin

Comment

Working...
                X