Registration search for uploaded pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registration search for uploaded pictures

Hey guys! So recently I've been uploading more and getting more photos accepted into the Jetphotos database, which made me want to go to some older photos and upload some older gems that don't really exist nowadays due to the pandemic. However, I want to know if there is a way to check if I have already uploaded that registration from a specific day onto jetphotos as so to avoid a duplicate photo rejection.

Thanks a bunch!

Originally posted by Lewis Latham View Post
    Hey guys! So recently I've been uploading more and getting more photos accepted into the Jetphotos database, which made me want to go to some older photos and upload some older gems that don't really exist nowadays due to the pandemic. However, I want to know if there is a way to check if I have already uploaded that registration from a specific day onto jet photos as so to avoid a duplicate photo rejection.

Thanks a bunch!
    _______

When you upload that registration at the same airport, you will get a message... you donīt even have to upload - as long as you put it in the autofill: see attached image.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi, I'm not a screener, but can answer maybe a little.

If you attempt to upload a photo of an aircraft, say, G-BOAC at EGLL, but you already have a photo of G-BOAC at EGLL in the database (regardless of date) then a notification will pop up straight away informing you that you already have a photo in the database at the same airport. If the angle of the photo is different, you can upload. If it is the same, and both are taking off/landing/taxiing etc, then it will be rejected for "similar" regardless of the date.

For instance, this photo in the database https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9699023. If I type SP-LRF and KLAX into my autofill the following message pops up "Note: You have 2 photos of the same registration/airport combination in the database". (EDIT: Exactly as Santiago shows above)

Now the guidelines state you can upload the same aircraft at the same airport as long as the angles are different, or the stage of flight at the time of the photo is different. I.E. a photo of SP-LRF landing and then another photo of it taking off. See here: https://www.jetphotos.com/showphotos...&userid=208116

If you are uploading a photo of an aircraft that you already have in the database, but at a different airport, then that is no problem.

What you cannot do is take the same aircraft taking off from the same angle every day from the same airport, which will be rejected as "similar", even if the dates are different each time.

If you want to check what registrations you already have, best is to go to "photo statistics" and type the registration of the aircraft you would like to upload. If you already have a photo, it will show you there, you can then check the airport and the angle of that upload against the photo you wish to upload and see if it ends up being classed as similar etc.

Hope that makes sense.

Comment

There is much easier way:
        Go to Search box -> Advanced Search
        in Photographer - pick your name (it's always first on the drop-down list)
        in Keywords fields pick Registration -> Is excactly -> type your reg here
        An you will see your accepted pics in the database.

Regards,
        Tomasz

Comment

Or go to Members section>Photo statistics. There's a search option, just type in the reg

Comment

Thanks a lot for the replies! They really helped. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
            X