Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we have another hobby, or...

are we nothing without aviation?

Well. I'd really like to leave this question alone for let's say 5 or 10 weeks, to see the answers.

That procedure still is possible. But I like to begin with my answer.

Aviation really is my oldest hobby, due to my father, aviation is in our family since more than 50 years, and always connected with Lohausen International airport (est. 1927). I don't know where I was made, but 43 years ago, an airport must have been near. That's how I feel.

The second big thing for the male members in our family always have been cars. Never in my life I was at the Nürburgring Nordschleife together with my father. I don't know why that never happened. Probably he was very often concerned with his second wife.
    Back then, in 2018 I bought a one day ticket for the 24 hours at the Nordschleife. Not for longer, because I am a hotel man, I am not a tent man. And not one hotel bed was free.
    Nevertheless, a brilliant happening.

Now, only a few hours ago, I read that Sabine Schmitz has died, from cancer. And she was ill since 2017, which I didn't know. She was less than 9 years older than me, only 51. The first question that came to my mind was, what the hell has made her ill. Married with her second husband before she was 40, but no children, a life on the fast lane. Was that too fast.
    If you are at a parking position, let's stop all our engines for one minute, for the best Ringtaxi pilot who I have ever seen on TV, Sabine Schmitz (1969-2021).

-
    PS: I mean, I could say alot of awful things about Jeremy Clarkson, why he is no longer on free TV with Top Gear etc, but (until today) he only had one wife. And three children, afaik. Which earns my respect. Schmitz and Clarkson have met several times on the Nordschleife, but Clarkson, who is older than her, was never able to tell her, you (theoretically) only need one husband.
    Last edited by LH-B744; 2021-03-18, 05:10. Reason: + Jeremy Clarkson
    The German long haul is alive, since more than 60 years.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    Aviation enthusiast, since more than 35 years with home airport EDDL.

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
    are we nothing without aviation?

Well. I'd really like to leave this question alone for let's say 5 or 10 weeks, to see the answers.
    For me outside of spotting and uploading to Jetphotos the other big hobby is flying (which I guess is technically what I do for work but I don't like to think of it that way), Recently I also started collecting the Motoart Plane Tags which Im really enjoying as well! Outside of aviation I love doing hikes and so on. Thats my main three additional hobbies anyway that come immediately to mind

Comment

Working...
    X