Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would cloning lower your appreciation of life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would cloning lower your appreciation of life?

Hi,

If someone close to you (eg your parents, siblings, spouse, pet etc) was cloned so that you could still be with them in the future, would it lower your appreciation of life?

I'm curious because it seems that there are quite a few scientists and individuals out there who are engrossed in the hype over such a scientific development, and aren't so much concerned with how it could impact on society and psychology.

For me, yes my appreciation of life would be lowered.

TangoSierraVictor
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    Maybe
    0%
    Don't Know
    0%
    What's Cloning?
    0%
    I am a clone
    0%
    Australia bound!
    Sep 3 ICN-KIX JL964 767
    Sep 3~4 KIX-BNE JL777 747

So yes, its saying "oh well im gonna die, at least they get a pathetic copy of me"

and
    Any time you find a new meaning in life because of a life changing accident, it simply means your old life had no meaning.
    Sam Rudge
    A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

A clone is just a genetic copy..... not the real you, it would just look like you. Not necessarily have the same personality. Therefore it wouldn't be the same... just a copy that would be another person that would have to grow up and be taken care of... so therefore it would not lower my appretion of my life if someone made a clone of me, as it wouldn't be me and my personality/intrests/beliefs just a genetic copy and a copy can never replace the origional. The only thing that would be good if if they could just clone/generate certain organs so if someone needed a transplant they could get organs quickly.... not a whole new person that is a copy of someone else.

Comment

Cloning is a waste of time and money.

Brent

Comment

For the religious, some would argue whether a clone would have a soul or not, because the clone wouldn't be made by God, but by man. It's an interesting debate.
          Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

I doubt it if they will ever be successful in creating an identical looking clone using DNA...it sounds way too complex and with such complexity, errors will be made.

Just my 2 cents.
            You only have one life...

Make wise decisions and live freely.

Comment

They've cloned a lamb (Dolly), but I think cloning a human is way too complex for us to even understand. I still remember that false report, the Raelians (sp?), some stupid religious group who thinks we were made by aliens, or something like that who claimed to have cloned a lady which they named Eve (can you guess why?). I remember when that was on the front page of every newspaper and the top story of all the news networks just a couple of years ago.

Comment

I personally don't like the idea of cloning - like Paul said, clones can never be the same, as they don't share the same environment (in terms of human development). I also believe cloning would most definitely cause people to put a much lower value on life.

Having said that, some would say that I am a natural clone.

Cathay Pacific - The Heart of Asia

Comment

Matt thinks I have a clone now. :P

Comment

Working...
                  X