X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The quotation of the week: "Krieg ist Scheiße."

Krieg ist Scheiße.
    by an unknown artist.

But there are at least two German artists who exactly agree with me. Both already died, but both didn't die in a war, which somebody should say about me on a brighter day, too.

1. Marlene Dietrich (German actress, 1901-1992):
    "Jungs! Opfert euch nicht! Der Krieg ist doch Scheiße, Hitler ist ein Idiot!“

Now, where today is the difference between Russia and Hitler?

2. Helmut Schmidt (German Organ and piano player, cigarette smoker, Senator for Inner Affairs in Hamburg since 1961, and since 1974 the 5th Chancellor of Germany, 1918-2015):
    „Leute, die keinen Krieg erlebt haben, wohl aber selbst Krieg führen oder provozieren, wissen nicht, was sie Furchtbares anrichten.“

In other words, Russians who are born after the beginning of the Second World War do not exactly know what they do!

Greetings.

PS: I like to translate this quotation for my contemporary, President W. Selenskyj, in Ukraine language: Війна – це лайно.
    In aviation English, which still is the official language here on this platform: War is bullshit.
    Last edited by LH-B744; 2022-03-26, 01:50. Reason: War is bullshit!
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

And for my contemporary, President E. Macron, in French language: La guerre, c'est la merde!

Comment

And for my not so really contemporary... and for my contemporary, Prime Minister Sanna Marin of Finland, in Finnish language: Sota on paskaa.
      Eng.: War is bullshit.
      (translated by google, so, if you discover a mistake in the translation, feel free and speak with me, I don't really own the Finnish language.)

The German TV showed Prime Minister Sanna Marin, when she met Joe Biden concerning the aggressor in the East, afaik.

And now, hold on. Selenskyj, Macron and Annalena Baerbock and me, I thought that Emmanuel Macron is quite young, and he is the President of France, eight weeks older than me.

But at least in Europe, afaik, Finland now owns a record. Prime Minister Sanna Marin of Finland is born November 1985.

Now, I know that I am no longer 20 years young, but in presence of this young Finnish woman I feel old with a pleasance.

PS: Now since more than 4 decades I wonder, how young one of the two partners in a marriage should be to trigger the protective instinct in your counterpart.
      Between Macron and his wife, the things are clear. She is 24 years older than him and she was his former teacher (!), so he triggered her protective instinct.
      But with me the things are different. With really no exception I always meet women who are younger than me. 1979 was an exception of that rule, a lady of that year was only 14 months younger than me. And until today we didn't really find out who triggered the protective instinct in his/her counterpart.

But when she is more than 7 years younger than me. My protective instinct. Come with me, I'll show you the world, and I'll protect you. A cheap instinct,
      I confess, but these ones keep the mankind running.
      Last edited by LH-B744; 2022-03-26, 04:57. Reason: The protective instinct.

Comment

My German contemporary, Mr Oliver Pocher, sometimes is a prototype for me, not necessarily because he is two weeks older than me. And really really not because he prefers an Audi Q7.
        I rather prefer cars when they are parkraumfreundlich, in English: the rather small and fast cars:
        Fiat 500 Abarth Standard (140 PS auf 1100 kg leer), not yet what I'd call Kampfgewicht, but with that one I'd try to drive circles around a Q7: in 8.1 seconds to 100 km/h .
        Really interesting is the "chili Abarth" version:
        Fiat 500 Abarth 595 Pista (165 PS auf 1100 kg leer), and what drives a Q7 driver tears in his eyes: in 7.3 seconds to 100 km/h, with 6.8 liter fuel for 100 km.
        More preferred types:
        BMW F40 (e.g. the new 128ti with 265 PS), or, and I really like machines when they are as old as me,
        BMW E21, that is the 1978 BMW 3er with up to 400 PS:

Really rather BMW than Audi here on my side.

But Pocher became a father at the age of... without that I publish previously unknown content, 42? That gives me hope. 42 is not too late if you find a nice young woman.

And now, back on topic? But only if you really really want.

Comment

Now, if you ask me, I do not really want to come back on topic, so... Under the flag of "War is bullshit", why shouldn't we say something about music.

Sir Elton H. John CBE has just celebrated his birthday, or, when he's really really happy, why doesn't he have another happy birthday weekend...

And concerning him, I have a question. Yes, I might seem like the all-knowing Jabba the Hutt from 1983, but that would be a compliment for me. I am no longer 30 years old, and I am far away from knowing everything so...

Elton John - Don't let the Sun go down on me (1974) . This song is a little bit older than me, and in the year 2024, this song will be 50 years old.

My question is, there is one version of this song which was recorded LIVE, as a Duet together with as I would say his muscial son, George Michael (1963-2016). And this is my question:

Where on Earth do these pictures come from? I know that this song was played live in Australia, but imho the official LIVE music video was recorded elsewhere. Here it is:
          George Michael - Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me (Official Video)Follow on Spotify - http://smarturl.it/Greatest_HitsListen on Apple Music - http://smarturl....

And the location is?

PS: In the en wiki of that song, and yes, this song has its own en wiki, I have found these words:
          The footage used for the single's music video (directed by Andy Morahan)[20] was taken from a "live" concert in Chicago with 70,000 fans. "The video was actually shot over several days," confirms Michael Pagnotta, George's publicist. "It was shot in an airline hangar in Burbank, California where George had been rehearsing; Elton came in for a night and they ran through the song a couple of times. Then the song was filmed in its entirety live in Chicago in the middle of October as part of that Cover to Cover tour, and when Elton came out from the wings, that place went crazy."[citation needed]
          So, not really Australia? But if you can, give the the name of that location, e.g. the xxl stadium at NYC, or the Rhine Arena in Lohausen , ...
          Last edited by LH-B744; 2022-04-08, 21:56. Reason: The name of that venue?

Comment

I know that this song has its own en wiki entry. And, if I'm allowed to quote this wiki entry, with one or two sentences, even in this quotation there is not the name of that venue, or am I stupid:

"The footage used for the single's music video (directed by Andy Morahan)[20] was taken from a "live" concert in Chicago with 70,000 fans. "The video was actually shot over several days," confirms Michael Pagnotta, George's publicist. "It was shot in an airline hangar in Burbank, California where George had been rehearsing; Elton came in for a night and they ran through the song a couple of times. Then the song was filmed in its entirety live in Chicago in the middle of October as part of that Cover to Cover tour, and when Elton came out from the wings, that place went crazy."

, end of the quotation.

Chicago? Ok, if that's true. But the name of the venue?

So, if you know the answer, or, if you have discovered yourself in this video (!) you could really really help me. Because I know that I am not in this video. I never have been present when
            Sir Elton John sings his songs Live.

PS: I mean, between minute 2:00 and minute 3:30, and this is the 5:46 minute Live version of this song, it really seems like
            a really huge stadium, a really big crowd, and quite a huge stage. So, where on plane Earth would you install such a big stage, for let's say only one weekend?
            The "liner notes" of this video contain something like UNIAO BRASILEIRA DE EDITORAS DE MUSICA . So. I don't know much about the Portuguese language,
            but, Brazil? January 25th & 27th in 1991, Rio de Janeiro? The Maracanã ? That's compatible with my idea of a huge stage. And George Michael was in Rio,
            back then. In the Maracanã, in this legend of a stadium.
            Last edited by LH-B744; 2022-04-08, 23:12. Reason: The Cover to Cover tour by George Michael 1991, that was never ever in Chicago.

Comment

Again, this was never meant as my very own private pleasure. I thought that I - especially in this topic - I had at least,
              Evan, 3WE and Gabriel,

who since the end of March 2022 surely have an opinion about this topic here, but... they don't like to send their opinion across the pond, to Europe, or let's better say, in broad public,
              around the Globe.
              That's at least how I understand this aviation platform.

Now, since more than four weeks, it has become what it was never intended for:
              this topic has stayed my very own private pleasure. Now, I'll take it as it is.

And if you ask me, and if I were Alex, I'd close this topic with this entry #7.

Sometimes opinions change. Since I know that President W. Selenskyj is almost exactly as old as me, less than 12 weeks are between his birthday and my birthday,
              I see this topic with different eyes.

I know that I am too old to order heavy weapons in Germany, if I were able to defend my home airport without it. That's btw one thing which I probably also share with Macron,
              who is the President of France.

So. War is bullshit, no doubt about that.

But if President Selenskyj needs heavy weapons Made in Germany, today I say, send a shopping list,
              Und Deutschland wird liefern was bestellt wurde.

PS: I don't know if Gabriel and 3WE can follow me when I say, I know how it feels when you pull the trigger on a machine gun, due to my background in the
              German Airforce. In my eyes it has always felt very brutal, althought I never destroyed something else than a piece of wood, some 100 or 200 meters away.

And in my eyes this topic shines again in a different light, when we know that Germany has signed the
              bedingungslose Kapitulation
              almost exactly 77 years ago!

Last edited by LH-B744; 2022-05-04, 22:25. Reason: WWII ended almost exactly 77 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
                War is bullshit.
                AGREE
                "I know that at times I can be a little over the top." -ITS

Comment

Working...
                X