No announcement yet.

F.A.O.: TeeVee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interesting question. so, car owner is liable to the dead guy, but the dealership may be liable to car owner.

in liability cases there several principals that sometimes spin the heads of lawyers and judges, not to mention juries. intervening cause; superseding causes; contributory liability; and comparative liability.

i'm sure the various attorneys involved in this case are looking into all of the above. no bad deed goes un-re-punished...

Comment

Without really understanding law, it seems quite intuitive that all three the family of the deceased worker, the insurance company of the car owner and the car owner himself should be able to go against the worker who caused the accident and the employer. It seems that in the case of the victim against the employer, law defeats intuition. But I would expect that the others remain.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
      --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Settled out of court under undisclosed terms.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
        --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
          Sir Argumentarian, Forum entertainer and Friend:

I enjoy legal arguments: There’s usually some high-level logic that needs to be considered.

In this case: One is required to hand over their vehicle to responsible persons, and is responsible if said persons are negligent.

Hmmm. But, I used reasonable good Dilligence in handing my car to people who have a reasonable expectation of not being grossly negligent.

This defies 99% of common sense.

Do you think this case will prevail?

I think Evan may need to help you guys in the legal department a bit more, as soon as mask law and bomb handling is rectified.

Thanks in advance.

[...]
          Oh I love this forum so very much. Only how much what I'd call Originals appear here on this stage.. TeeVee fights for American Air, atlcrew fights for Delta, if I understand him well enough,
          et cetera ...

And you are a friend of TeeVee? Don't you disappoint me, I thought you are my friend.

Btw, I know that this is a forum not only for pilots. Lawyers, e.g. TeeVee are accepted, too.

I am the last one to interrupt you, so.. 'fight!' . (a well known commando in the boxing ring).

The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
          The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
          And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
          This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Working...
          X