Jordan foil "toxic cloud"attack : may kill 80000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jordan foil "toxic cloud"attack : may kill 80000

Jordanian authority has foiled a possiblt "toxic cloud" attack in its capital Amman, claimed could kill at least 80000.

Targets including US embassy in Jordan and Jordanian Prime Minister's office.

Jordan Foils terror attack
    Airline Route News
    Airline Route Map Drawings

It would have killed thousands if it had happened defintely. They said everyone within 1.2 miles of the explosions would have been killed instantly and thousands more outside of that radius would have fallen ill or died later.

The trouble is... one of these days, the terrorists will be successful.
    Brent

Comment

It's good to hear those guys were caught, but the scary thing is start that there are thousand of other willing to do attacks like this and who have the weapons to do so (and who probably organize their attacks in the terrorist-friendly Hamburg ).

-Colin

Comment

Wouldn't that kill many muslims as well?

-Clovis

Comment

Wouldn't that kill many muslims as well?
          Are you trying to find some sense in Al Qaeda's actions? Those muslims will probably be seen as martyr's who died for Allah, or non-believers who worked with the "Western Devil". AL Qaede would find reasons to explain .

-Colin

Comment

It's certainly a really great thing to hear of terror plots being foiled.

Here are two other examples I could think of:

About a month ago, the Filipino government declared that it had successfully foiled of a terrorist plot to bomb Manila on the same scale as the 3/11 attacks in Madrid.

In 1998, terrorists associated with Al-Qaeda (I think) had planned to simultaneously bomb 12 a/c flying from various airports to the US, killing several thousand people in the process. Luckily, they were caught after an explosion happened when they were testing their explosives. Unfortunately, one life had already been lost aboard a PAL a/c after a small bomb detonated under an occupied seat.

Cathay Pacific - The Heart of Asia

Comment

In 1998, terrorists associated with Al-Qaeda (I think) had planned to simultaneously bomb 12 a/c flying from various airports to the US, killing several thousand people in the process. Luckily, they were caught after an explosion happened when they were testing their explosives. Unfortunately, one life had already been lost aboard a PAL a/c after a small bomb detonated under an occupied seat.
              I thought that was in 1994 and apparently it was targeting 12 US aircraft that were flying over the pacific and blow up in mid-air all of which were heading towards Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
                I thought that was in 1994 and apparently it was targeting 12 US aircraft that were flying over the pacific and blow up in mid-air all of which were heading towards Japan.
                Yes it was. All the planes were either going to the U.S. from Asia or coming from the U.S. and going to Asia.
                Brent

Comment

Don't fuck with Jordan.

Comment

An Iraqi civilian was quoted in the LA times today saying "Most of those bombings in Iraq are caused by Americans...when they are searching your car at a checkpoint one of them is putting a bomb in the back..."

What the f**king hell is wrong with these idiots. Their own countrymen kill them and they still are blind to it!

I had a friend in France, Lebanese, who told me that he beleived suicide bombings against Israelis were actually done by the Israeli military to make Palestinians look bad...

Some Arabs are really f**ked in the head...

-Clovis

Comment

Originally posted by Brent
                      Originally posted by chrisburns
                      Yes it was.
                      Was it? Then I guess I got a few dates mixed up...

Cathay Pacific - The Heart of Asia

Comment

Working...
                      X