Top Gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Gun

...or movies in combination with aviation.

Well. As far as I can remember, the last movie that I rated "five stars with a diamond" , here on jetphotos, was

Sully (2016), directed by Clint Eastwood.

And I love Mr Clint Eastwood, not only for this movie. But somewhere there is a difference between Top Gun: Maverick and Sully.
    I assume that Mr Clint Eastwood (92) sometimes even supports a movie with his own money, when he's really completely convinced of it,
    e.g. Million Dollar Baby (also directed by Clint Eastwood),
    which in my eyes is another "five stars with a diamond", a definitely must see movie, also due to the very cute performance (if I may say something like that about men in that age..)
    between Mr. Morgan Freeman (85) and Mr. Clint Eastwood (92) .

So, isnt it true that Sully (2016) was rather made not for the big audience and Clint Eastwood didn't even care about that circumstance. But Sully (2016) was rather made for professional jet pilots
    and for all jetphotos forum members and for all jetphotos photographers. And in my eyes, Sully (2016) is "five stars with a diamond"
    on the same level as Million Dollar Baby.

Now Top Gun: Maverick, the difference. On the first weekend, Tom Cruise achieved 156 million US-$ with his Top Gun - Part II (2022, only USA).
    Again, together with a very beautiful woman, this time Jennifer Connelly. And again together with Kenny Loggins (Danger Zone), in German Wein, Weib und Gesang. Almost a family movie, although in Germany not cleared for people younger than 12.
    And rather made for the big audience. I can tell you which people together with me have been in the cinema at Top Gun: Maverick.

A rather big cinema, between 300 and 500 seats, comparable to the B744 . Not quite 80 or 90% full, but. If you ask me, I'd say at least (!) 85-90 % female Tom Cruise groupies,
    and only 15% men, if at all. So, I almost felt somehow lost among that female majority..

Top Gun Part II: Maverick (2022), another "five stars with a diamond" movie, recommended not only for female audience!
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Ed Harris and Val Kilmer (Top Gun Part II: Maverick 2022) ...

I just wonder if I should reveal differences between the US Navy and the German Luftwaffe. Which is not the same, not by far. As I understand it, the US Navy are naval forces,
    i.e. in my eyes ships and helicopters, dt.: Bundesmarine, Kapitänleutnant (Ka'Leu), Kapitän zur See, Admiral, uvm ...

But how then does it come, that in the Top Gun movies quite few ships appear, and rather alot of aircraft.

That is one of the differences between the USA and Germany. In Germany, here also exist pilots for reconaissance at sea (ehem. Marineflieger),
    but if you ask me, that section more and more will be taken over by the German Air Force, who then will be responsible for Land
    and Sea.

Ed Harris as a swinish Navy Admiral is brilliant, but if I had to choose a part in that movie, I'd rather be Admiral Kazansky 'Iceman', played by Val Kilmer, the friend of Maverick.

Friendship is stronger than egoism. Which even the swinish Navy Admiral at the end of the movie must confess.
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Working...
    X