Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that a few of you are too extreme in this issue.

The fact that the Iraqis are unlawful DOES NOT give the coalition the right to be the same. In fact, quite the opposite. If you are in a foreign land without permission forcing your beliefs on others then you should be held ABOVE reproach.

You need to remember that these "international laws" people are quoting above only apply to those who are signatories to those laws (it's called the Geneva Convention") and whilst Iraq has been a signatory longer than the US these people are NOT Iraqi military and are not bound by these conventions, whereas every coalition soldier is.

However, on the other side, this issue is a limited one and I'm sure is not condoned by the leaders of the coalition nations. I think that once the issue has come to light as it has now it shall be investigated and those responsible disciplined. They most certainly should be dishonerably discharged and apologies issues by the highest levels and I note that buth Bush and Blair have already expressed their horror at what is being shown in the media at the moment.

ADG
    ADG
    No makeovers please .....

Comment

Lol, I know he was being sarcastic.
      Earl From Regina

Comment

Originally posted by ADG

The fact that the Iraqis are unlawful DOES NOT give the coalition the right to be the same. In fact, quite the opposite. If you are in a foreign land without permission forcing your beliefs on others then you should be held ABOVE reproach.

You need to remember that these "international laws" people are quoting above only apply to those who are signatories to those laws (it's called the Geneva Convention") and whilst Iraq has been a signatory longer than the US these people are NOT Iraqi military and are not bound by these conventions, whereas every coalition soldier is.

However, on the other side, this issue is a limited one and I'm sure is not condoned by the leaders of the coalition nations. I think that once the issue has come to light as it has now it shall be investigated and those responsible disciplined. They most certainly should be dishonerably discharged and apologies issues by the highest levels and I note that buth Bush and Blair have already expressed their horror at what is being shown in the media at the moment.

ADG
        It doesn't matter if they apologize. They already hate them.
        Earl From Regina

Comment

Originally posted by ADG

ADG
          100% my opinion.

Comment

''It's been their war for the last 13 years. Ever since the US liberated Kuwait from Iraq, the US (and other nations) have been involved with Iraq, including keeping the no fly zones secure and bombing anything which they saw as a threat to the region.''

If you had bothered to read my post properly, it would have been perfectly obvious that the people i was refering to, were the Italian mercenaries.

''Clovis has taken care of most of that comment. Let's just remember that the so called "torture" that these Iraqi's faced from the US Military was nothing compared to what Saddam Husseins regime did.''

True. But. The point i am trying to make is that the coalition forces are expected to uphold international law, not abuse it.

''Some might be in it for the money but a lot actually care for the people of Iraq and want to see the country get back on it's feet, shame people like you do not appreciate the courage of these people and see only what you want to Here you go again contradicting yourself and justifying their murder.''

All mercenaries are in it for the money, if they were so bothered about human rights and helping the Iraqis, they would go as unpaid volunteers.

''Condemn the killing of the Italian hostage. Condemn the mutilation of the four contractors in Fallujah. Until you do those two things, you will have no credibility with me...''

If you had bothered to read my mail properly instead of making rash comments, you would see that i condemned both incidents.

''Sure, they knew the risks, but that does not give these sick people the right to murder them! Murder is murder. Torture is torture. You always blow a hissy fit when a US soldier kills someone, why don’t you do the same thing when a Western civilian is killed? You have problems with Westerners now? Have you been so brainwashed by the Arabs that you hate your own kind now and that they’re fair game?''

You really have some personal issues to deal with!
            No one has the right to murder another person, whether it happend under the rule of Saddam or Paul Bremner. Firstly, I am talking about Iraqis being killed in their own country. What you call them-Terrorists, insurgents, freedom fighters, is up to you. I am as shocked as anyone else when westerners are killed, but, they have the choice to be there.

Ask yourself who is being brainwashed here.
            You may not know this, but, we do have neWspapers here!
            We do have access to UNCENSORED TV reports.
            Do you really think we live in tents or hovels in the ground or something!
            We also have the opurtunity to speak to real live Iraqis-and so far we havnt met one who welcomes the CONTINUED presence of the ocupation forces.

We also come into contact with American troops, who are on R and R, here in Dubai. Most of them regarde Iraqis in general as the enemy.

As for being brainwashed by the ARABS, this is hilarious!
            Most ARABS are quite reasonable, fair, and objective in their opinions.
            What they resent is the obvious and blatant double standard adopted by most western governments. Here i refer to my coments about abuse and torture.

''Its pretty obvious that ek_19 is a douchebag and isn't going to change his tune. All that arrogant prick wants is to get a rise out of us. Whenever he posts I think the best way to deal with it is to ignore it and let it fall down off of the font page. It is obvious that those who took the pictures are a small minority of the troops there and that the majority actually want to make a difference over there. If he doesn't want to see that...f**k him.''

First, im not arogant, just realistic. No one knows how much has gone on that has not been reported. According to the BBC reports about abuse by BRITISH soldiers is just the tip of the iceberg. These events probabilly have been comited by the minority, but, wHere is the PROOF it was only a minority...?

By the way, let the font fall of the page-But perhaps you will eventually realise, that anyone with half a brain, oops, maybe you havnt got half a brain, that perhaps there might be some truth in what i am saying.
            Ohh, by the way, didnt your mummy ever tell you that it was rude to use bad language. F*CK YOU TOO SCUMBAG!

Comment

''It's been their war for the last 13 years. Ever since the US liberated Kuwait from Iraq, the US (and other nations) have been involved with Iraq, including keeping the no fly zones secure and bombing anything which they saw as a threat to the region.''

If you had bothered to read my post properly, it would have been perfectly obvious that the people i was refering to, were the Italian mercenaries.

''Clovis has taken care of most of that comment. Let's just remember that the so called "torture" that these Iraqi's faced from the US Military was nothing compared to what Saddam Husseins regime did.''

True. But. The point i am trying to make is that the coalition forces are expected to uphold international law, not abuse it.

''Some might be in it for the money but a lot actually care for the people of Iraq and want to see the country get back on it's feet, shame people like you do not appreciate the courage of these people and see only what you want to Here you go again contradicting yourself and justifying their murder.''

All mercenaries are in it for the money, if they were so bothered about human rights and helping the Iraqis, they would go as unpaid volunteers.

''Condemn the killing of the Italian hostage. Condemn the mutilation of the four contractors in Fallujah. Until you do those two things, you will have no credibility with me...''

If you had bothered to read my mail properly instead of making rash comments, you would see that i condemned both incidents.

''Sure, they knew the risks, but that does not give these sick people the right to murder them! Murder is murder. Torture is torture. You always blow a hissy fit when a US soldier kills someone, why don’t you do the same thing when a Western civilian is killed? You have problems with Westerners now? Have you been so brainwashed by the Arabs that you hate your own kind now and that they’re fair game?''

You really have some personal issues to deal with!
              No one has the right to murder another person, whether it happend under the rule of Saddam or Paul Bremner. Firstly, I am talking about Iraqis being killed in their own country. What you call them-Terrorists, insurgents, freedom fighters, is up to you. I am as shocked as anyone else when westerners are killed, but, they have the choice to be there.

Ask yourself who is being brainwashed here.
              You may not know this, but, we do have neWspapers here!
              We do have access to UNCENSORED TV reports.
              Do you really think we live in tents or hovels in the ground or something!
              We also have the opurtunity to speak to real live Iraqis-and so far we havnt met one who welcomes the CONTINUED presence of the ocupation forces.

We also come into contact with American troops, who are on R and R, here in Dubai. Most of them regarde Iraqis in general as the enemy.

As for being brainwashed by the ARABS, this is hilarious!
              Most ARABS are quite reasonable, fair, and objective in their opinions.
              What they resent is the obvious and blatant double standard adopted by most western governments. Here i refer to my coments about abuse and torture.

''Its pretty obvious that ek_19 is a douchebag and isn't going to change his tune. All that arrogant prick wants is to get a rise out of us. Whenever he posts I think the best way to deal with it is to ignore it and let it fall down off of the font page. It is obvious that those who took the pictures are a small minority of the troops there and that the majority actually want to make a difference over there. If he doesn't want to see that...f**k him.''

First, im not arogant, just realistic. No one knows how much has gone on that has not been reported. According to the BBC reports about abuse by BRITISH soldiers is just the tip of the iceberg. These events probabilly have been comited by the minority, but, wHere is the PROOF it was only a minority...?

By the way, let the font fall of the page-But perhaps you will eventually realise, that anyone with half a brain, oops, maybe you havnt got half a brain, that perhaps there might be some truth in what i am saying.
              Ohh, by the way, didnt your mummy ever tell you that it was rude to use bad language. F*CK YOU TOO SCUMBAG!

Comment

Originally posted by ek_19
                These events probabilly have been comited by the minority, but, wHere is the PROOF it was only a minority...?
                Well that is why an investigation has been set up by the army to investigate the Mirror pictures and if this is in fact a widespread problem.

Originally posted by ek_19
                if they were so bothered about human rights and helping the Iraqis, they would go as unpaid volunteers
                I think that shows how narrow minded you are, just because someone cares about the welfare of others and actually does something about it doesn't mean they can't be rewarded for it.

Comment

I think the following represents ek_19's viewpoint:

Comment

Im sick of this anti-US bullshit that we have nothing but soldiers who occupy and abuse and rape iraqi civilians.
                    Legia Warszawa - Duma Stolicy Polski
                    Sail the Smooth Skies to ORD with the 767-300ER

Photos: http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=5
                    http://www.jetphotos.net/members/viewprofile.php?id=5

Comment

Working...
                    X