Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone watch "10.5" - the NBC Earthquake Movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone watch "10.5" - the NBC Earthquake Movie?

I watched part 1 of 10.5 tonight on NBC. I gotta say it was pretty cheesy in my opinion (since I studied earthquakes in college). But I'll be tuning into part 2 tomorrow (mon) night. Anyone else see it? What were your thoughts?
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

I loved it. But it was unrealistic.

I LOVE disaster movies. :P Deep Impact.
    Brent

Comment

Unfortunately I did see some of it. However, not intentionally.

My wife and I were driving on the Baltimore beltway when a ferocious storm hit causing almost zero visibility (and almost sending a huge tree branch into our car). We were near her mom's, so we made an "emergency diversion" there. It just so happenned she was watching it. And we then stayed there for about 1/2 hour while the storm passed. The one respite was Storm Center updates that interrupted the movie.
      AIRIGAMI.NET
      http://www.airigami.net - The next generation of paper airliner modeling.

Comment

I thought of it as intresiting but i hope nothing like that ever happens. Seattle is one of my favorte places and i've been to the space needle. I hope that an earthquake as bad as that never happens in real life.

But it was intresting entertainment. I can't wait to see the end today.

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
          I thought of it as intresiting but i hope nothing like that ever happens. Seattle is one of my favorte places and i've been to the space needle. I hope that an earthquake as bad as that never happens in real life.

But it was intresting entertainment. I can't wait to see the end today.
          I think Seattle is in more danger from Mt Rainier than an earthquake.

Comment

Although it was completely unrealistic, IMO, it was fun to watch. It would've been even better in the movies (Pt. 1 and Pt. 2 as a big movie release as one movie). The special effects weren't too shabby either, like when the Golden Gate fell down.

I'll be watching again tonight!
            www.acairport.com

Comment

Being that I live in California, I get tired of the "Big Quake"Movies that come out every so often.

Comment

Well it's over.... California looks *ahem* different.

Anyways.... this made for a good movie... but a bit scarey too... and hoepfully this will never happen in real life

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
                  Well it's over.... California looks *ahem* different.

Anyways.... this made for a good movie... but a bit scarey too... and hoepfully this will never happen in real life
                  You can say that again! What about those folks stuck on the new island!

Comment

Okay movie, stupidest and worst ending possible. That's my opinion.
                    www.acairport.com

Comment

Originally posted by matt1168
                      Okay movie, stupidest and worst ending possible. That's my opinion.
                      I agree, very lame ending.

Comment

It was horrible! Too corny! The worst part was of the operd interlude when people were dying! Rather than have a more emotional and depressing peice of opera music, the music sounded jovial!

This movie also had a corny ending! Where was the ironic ending?
                        Not the mention the very poor acting of the main characters!

Furthermore, the lame attempt to mimic "24"'s unique camera angles was atrocious.

Horribly corny moments:

Doctor 1, after being separated from his wife and kids, and having to endure a tiresome search among the million that were located at the shelter decided to return to his buddy, Doctor 2. When Doctor 2 asks Doc. 1 why he returned, Doc.1 replies "In marriage , I've learned that you always give the lady what she wants!" claiming that she wanted him to go aid Doc 2. Ironically, this converstaoin occures over a dying patient.

The death scene of the character that played the head of n.e.m.a

The ending in which the president gives his "we are mearly inhabitants" speech! That is infuriating for the writer of the script diminishes the movie by robbing us the veiwers of appreciating the subtelties of the movie ,and leaving the movie with out own meaning of the movie.
                        Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

not bad as a whole, but the ending was kinda, i dunno, strange in its own way also, before every commercial break, they would show what was going to happen, which i don't think is very smart when the "island" was formed at the end, the quake stopped just before it reached them, leaving the people only feet away from the water. golden gate effects were pretty good, that's about it.
                          -ryan-

Comment

The ending was incredibly weird. The rest of the movie was great though.
                            Brent

Comment

The only good that can ever come out of that is when Los Angeles breaks off and becomes it's own damn island.

Then, only then may we live in peace.

www.iflyswa.com <- Flying done right!
                              www.georgewbush.com <- Always vote Republican!

Comment

Working...
                              X