Olympic anti-terror cost: 1.2billion; insurance 6.8m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympic anti-terror cost: 1.2billion; insurance 6.8m

The International Olympic Committee has signed a contract with an insurance company in New York for 2004 Athens Olympics.

The insurance cost USD6.8million. IF Athens is under terrorist attack, causing disruptions to the events, the IOC would receive 170million of compensation.

Meanwhile, the cost of anti-terror forces and activities costs USD1.2billion.
    Airline Route News
    Airline Route Map Drawings

It's ironic that the Olympic Committee can allocate soo much funding for Anti-Terrorism but yet cannot complete the structures needed for the Olympics on time.

Why do we need to spend soo much money on Anti-Terrorism when all that will be there is half-built buildings and proposed sights for others!

They need to build the damn buildings first! Then protect them!
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

I bet the Greek Olympics will be a bigger failure that the Montreal ones. I've also got a bad feeling of terrorism.
      They should of had them in fortress America. Screw the 100 year aniversary.
      Earl From Regina

Comment

Originally posted by Myblock
        I bet the Greek Olympics will be a bigger failure that the Montreal ones. I've also got a bad feeling of terrorism.
        They should of had them in fortress America. Screw the 100 year aniversary.
        My cousins that live there seem to agree with you. I'm also very concerned about something happening. I think these bombs a few nights ago were just a warning.

Comment

Olympic anti-terror cost: 1.2billion; insurance 6.8m

Remember Sydney 2000? Fireworks, nice completed sports arenas, all in all the best Olympics ever.
          And now Athens: A watersports area where the old airport used to be , an Olympic stadium that looks like it is from the 70's and several other arenas, which are all not yet finished. Most of the interstate projects are still under construction, the High-Speed Airport link, which was supposed to be finished in 2002, is still not finished, terrorism is a major concern, and you gotta love the smog in Athens in the summer, which in combination with high temperatures, will be a pain to all the athlete's lungs. These Olympics will probably be the biggest failure in sports history.

-Colin

Comment

Maybe they won't end up happening at all...
            Earl From Regina

Comment

The Olympics are going to suck this year(if they even happen). I'm also very concerned about terrorism. Greek officials can tell me all they want it's a coincidence but I don't think it is. Bombs go off 100 days before the Olympics? Yeah, ok. I think it's a warning sign that officials aren't heeding. I am not going to be surprised at all if some countries like the U.S. and Britain pull out.
              Brent

Comment

Working...
              X