This brought tears to my eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This brought tears to my eyes

This is WHY we are fighting today, so this NEVER happens again. I had hoped that we would never forget, but some people have already forgotten. Please turn your sound on. It may take a few moments to download.

Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

But this is'nt the reason we are fighting iraq today, as far as i know it was not iraqis that piloted those planes.

Joe,
    | My Photos | My Profile |

Comment

This is certainly not the reason for the war. It may have slipped your attention, but Iraq or Saddam Hussain are not involved in 9/11.

Regards,
      Peter

Comment

To address both Joe and Peter, you're 100% correct Iraq more then likely had nothing to do with 9/11 but as our government clearly stated we will not distinguish between the different evil organizations and governments that exist, they all will be wiped out. Whether that evil resides itself in Afghanistan, Iraq, N. Korea, Syria, Yemen, Indonesia, or in parts of Africa it will be rooted out and destroyed. We do not see evil as a nationality or a country; we simply see it as evil regardless of where it likes to call home. Our way of life will prevail regardless of what others think and do.

Comment

Ah, yes! GWB says, what's good and what's bad, and then let's wipe out everything bad.

Now, imagine, other countries would do the same. What would the end?

Sorry, but that's simply an idiotic statement, nothing else. The world is not a kindergarden.
          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by tommyalf
            ...we will not distinguish between the different evil organizations and governments that exist, they all will be wiped out. Whether that evil resides itself in Afghanistan, Iraq, N. Korea, Syria, Yemen, Indonesia, or in parts of Africa it will be rooted out and destroyed. ...
            Then please start wipping out the evil things, that also exist in Israel and America.
            Andy

Comment

Yes, 9-11 was a terrible thing and yes something should be done. That's why there is a war on terrorism. A war which has lost momentum in favor of a war against unfriendly regimes. The terrorists aren't from Iraq, Iraq didn't coordinate the attack, Iraq doesn't train terrorists nor has any proof been found that they aid terrorists. Let's stick with getting the terrorists!
              Don't manipulate what happened on September 11th to justify war with Iraq, there is no link so don't pretend there is one.

Comment

I'm sorry I must not have made myself clear. I am talking about Afghanistan and Iraq, but there are probably some people who don't think we should have gone into Afghanistan either.
                Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Herpa, that was a really, really sad slideshow.
                  "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Sorry if I seemed to have attacked you Herpa. It's just that others may have used Sept 11 to justify war with Iraq......
                    I have full sympathy for those lost and I hope to and visit the fmr. WTC site this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by tommyalf
                      To address both Joe and Peter, you're 100% correct Iraq more then likely had nothing to do with 9/11 but as our government clearly stated we will not distinguish between the different evil organizations and governments that exist, they all will be wiped out. Whether that evil resides itself in Afghanistan, Iraq, N. Korea, Syria, Yemen, Indonesia, or in parts of Africa it will be rooted out and destroyed. We do not see evil as a nationality or a country; we simply see it as evil regardless of where it likes to call home. Our way of life will prevail regardless of what others think and do.

Yes, you do not distinguish anymore, you are just all megalomanics!

Regards,
                      Peter

Comment

Yes, you do not distinguish anymore, you are just all megalomaniacs!

Regards,
                        Peter
                        To a point Peter your right. I'm sure what I'm about to say will totally piss some off but I don't really care. For eight years the Clinton administration sold America out to Europe and Asia. We capitulated to Europe and Asia's every request and compliant, Clinton accepting donations from China provided that and so did 9/11. President Bush and the Republican Party have taken an America first and America only policy towards foreign relations and I'm for it, because in the end that's what counts.

The leaders of America took an oath of office when elected to serve the American people, not the people of France, Germany, or China. As I've stated before what is at stake is our way of life and we must do everything to defend it. While I have the utmost respect for the people of other countries if it comes down to the people of the Middle East or America I'll pick America and proudly look back knowing we defended freedom and the American way of life.

Comment

There is an old saying, I bet you know it: Pride goes before a fall!

Regards,
                          Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Richard
                            Sorry if I seemed to have attacked you Herpa. It's just that others may have used Sept 11 to justify war with Iraq......
                            I have full sympathy for those lost and I hope to and visit the fmr. WTC site this summer.
                            No problem. I have done the same thing many times in this forum!

Comment

Working...
                            X