Lightning pictures anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightning pictures anyone?

So I'm visiting my older brother in Shanghai this week and we had quite a night of thunderstorms today. So I borrow his camera (Fuji 602Z) and start taking pictures from his guest room on the 38th floor of his apartment. Here's what I came up with. All of these are 15 second exposures.

Anybody else have any good ones, or any suggestions on how to make them better. They may have been better too if the window I was shooting out of wasn't dirty, covered with rain on the outside, and tinted.

Very nice...I like how the exposure captured the lights under the highway bridges. I've taken some lightning shots, using my trusty Sony CD450...the 15-sec exposure mode works best. If you have an active storm cell usually you'll get something in that time. This year I haven't had any luck, no "shootable" storms save one I wasn't home for (damn work).
    Here's probably the best one I got last year:
    George R. Widener
    Oshkosh, WI USA
    Aircraft Photos Here
    Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

sorry refreshed the wrong window.
      George R. Widener
      Oshkosh, WI USA
      Aircraft Photos Here
      Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

Very nice pics The scenery and lights make them look even better!

Comment

Nice pics guys Have any of you seen that good one over at A.net with the UA express plane?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
            Nice pics guys Have any of you seen that good one over at A.net with the UA express plane?
            Which? I've looked all over but couldn't find one with an United Express plane...

-Sturla

Comment

Working...
            X