X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brent
    replied
    Originally posted by Leftseat86
    Something on my "Awesome things to never do" list...

-C
    Hopefully mine too.

I still have mine and hope I will keep them. Dentist work of any kind is not my cup of tea.

I had braces on for 3 years but they never talked about extracting them. Maybe it's because I don't have all of them yet(almost 16).

Leave a comment:

• Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by DeltaASA16
    No Greg, I already told my dad the Camera was OFF LIMITS until i was recovered! So... Pete.. maybe you wont be able to bring your camera
    The have your mom take pics.

BTW, Adam you busy the week of June 21st? I might have to go shoot DHC-8's with you at LYH.

Leave a comment:

• Simpleboy
    replied
    Just think, when your friends and people you dnot like have to egt theirs removed you have a lot of satisfaction telling them its nice and easy and rather fun to get them removed.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thanks soo much for ya'lls words of incouragement and all. Sounds like some of you have had terrible times with your wisdom teeth.

For the record, I had all 4 taken out. My gums where they are all stitched up feel like a big gummie bear. The swelling is at a maximum right now (I like to think :P )

No Greg, I already told my dad the Camera was OFF LIMITS until i was recovered! So... Pete.. maybe you wont be able to bring your camera

Naw, Im lookin forward to you comin down! A little something for me to look forward to while I recover

Thanks Again friends!

-Adam

Leave a comment:

• NWAirlinkCRJ@ERI
    replied
    Get well soon buddy!!!

Hopefully mpnday will turn out to be a better day.

We'll be chillin in the 'burg!

-Pete

Leave a comment:

• mikecweb
    replied
    I got those out my senior year of high school. I had this thing at the time about not getting knocked out. So I was awake during the whole thing. Only nitrous oxide. So I thought it was pretty funny. Like cracking walnuts thats all.

Leave a comment:

• FlyCharlestonSC
    replied
    Originally posted by Fly_Southwest
    I've never had mine taken out

Well yopu can only do it once! :P

Leave a comment:

• Fly_Southwest
    replied
    I've never had mine taken out....yet.

Hope you are feeling better!

Leave a comment:

• drhopkins
    replied
    I don't envy you at all! I can still remember when all four of mine came out. They tried to knock me out but my veins would collapse when they tried. Thank God for Percodan. I was popping one an hour each time I changed the gauze. A couple of them had to be broken apart to get out and I was having bone/tooth chips pushing through the gum for weeks afterward.

Hope you feel better soon!

Leave a comment:

• DeltaRules
    replied
    I hope that's not coming for me in the future...

DeltaRules

Leave a comment:

• MD11Forever
    replied
    Mine came in perfectly too, but a couple of years ago they started shifting around and causing stress (ie: pain) on the other teeth...wound up having all of them yanked at once....thankfully I had them knock me out.

Leave a comment:

• djarfur
    replied
    ouch that smarts... you'll be aye't though. I'm so glad mine came in perfectly so I don't gotta get 'em pulled. whew!

Leave a comment:

• Greg
    replied
    Adam, get pictures of your head.

I might have to get some pulled later this year.

Leave a comment:

• u2o
    replied
    Originally posted by Avianca 757
    Originally posted by Airbus_A320
    What are the widsom teeth? And why do ppl get them removed?
    The wisdom teeth or third molars are some teeth that grow at age 17 to like 20. They are located in the deepest corner of the mouth, aside the second molars. They can remain asymptomatic for lifetime, but most people find they have no space for them, or that they are coming twisted, so they extract them.
    thats what it was then ... new teeth growing at the corner of my mouth. Ive been wondering why the heck it was doin that or whether thats normal or not. thanks, hopefully i dont have to get them removed.

Leave a comment:

• paulc
    replied
    Had 2 lower wisdom teeth removed a few years ago under a general anasthetic. Saw an x-ray before they were removed and were very impacted and growing horizontally along the gums forcing other teeth to become displaced.

I was out for about an hour and woke up with a mouth full of padding which was soaked in blood. The holes left were stitched up although I did pull one side out after a few days when brushing teeth.
    Back,shoulders, neck ached for a week and I was signed off work for 2 weeks, face was very swollen and yellowish from bruising. Apparently because of the difficulty in removing my teeth, my jaw was unhinged! which meant I could hardly open my mouth for several days. Survived on soup as I could not open mouth to get a fork or spoon in. Also could not clean teeth much so mouth taste was nasty and could peel paint off walls just by breathing

Hope I never need the other 2 removed

Leave a comment:

Working...
X