YVR Spotting???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YVR Spotting???

With summer fast approaching so is my trip to YVR in July. I'm just asking now if anyone knows any good spotting areas there and if they are accessible by public transportation, it's ok if it requres you to walk a little but i don't want to walk miles. Also do the cops bother you there? I would proally bring folding chairs to sit in as we wont have a car. Please give a list of good ones for each runway and tell if they are accessible by public trans and/or a short walk? We will be staying in Canada place... so therefore the buslines i would take would have to origionate in that are.

-Paul

There's 98B-Line running from Downtown to airport station. You can take Bus #424 there and get off at the first bus stop/drop off point.

I believe either the first or second stop is very close to Templeton Road. Walk north along Templeton Road, and when you see the beginning of the runway (of course covered by fences), stop there, and wait for planes to arrive.

Of course it depends on weather condition, it could land on the opposite side.
    Airline Route News
    Airline Route Map Drawings

Comment

What runway # would this be for? also would cops bother me there, or anywhere for that matter?

Comment

That'll be the North runway, not sure the numbers.

I never see cops there, but in case when they come and ask, just tell them politely.

There's also South runway, which is near the AC hangar.

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
        What runway # would this be for? also would cops bother me there, or anywhere for that matter?
        Airline Route News
        Airline Route Map Drawings

Comment

Working...
        X