Button down the hatches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Button down the hatches

Man, the Plains and midwest are going to get hammered today and tomorrow.

Columbus is within the hatched area, I hope we get a few twisters (and no one get hurt, of course). I'm thinking of going to Wilmington to watch the Airborne operation and do some storm spotting.

Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    I haven't, but I want to
    0%
    I haven't, and I never want to see one.
    0%
    My photos on jp.net

Is it button or batten?
    My photos on jp.net

Comment

i never saw a tornado, but if i would see one i would run for my Freeking life
      My New Photo Name on JP.net is DutchAviation!!!!

why should we fight about wich aircraft manufactor is better..............

thats so childish....

because hey we all know boeing is better

Comment

I have seen a waterspout while at the beach.

It was pretty scary.

Comment

Button down the hatches

Never seen a tornado, but I have already been in or close to several hurricanes, including Andrew.

-Colin

Comment

I have seen one tornado, and a couple start to form, then disapear. It is not anything that I want to see again.
            He who expected nothin......aint gonna be deceived-JR

Comment

I have never seen one, but I'd really like to! (although I must admit i'd be a little scared, but I wanna!)

Comment

I have seen a tornado, and have also lived through two major hurricanes. I would not wish the devastation on anyone...

Indianapolis almost had a major disaster yesterday, as a strong tornado came within miles of the Indianapolis 500 motor speedway, which was packed with people. Thankfully, the twister passed to the south. Although it looks like the east is in for some severe weather today...
                Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

I saw a funnel cloud once while teaching to a private pilot student....we were doing touch'n goes and we could see some clouds about 7mi to the west (over the Everglades) and that's when we saw the funnel cloud going down. It never touch down but was still amazing.
                  CostaRicaAviation.com

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

The closest I've seen to a tornado is a little dust devil (the most it'll do it make your shirt fly up around your head).

We don't really get tornadoes in Queensland. We get these:

It's a tropical cyclone, I think they can last several days when passing overhead. Winds can reach two hundred and eighty kilometres an hour (if the cell is category 5). Cyclone season is October to March.

TangoSierraVictor
                    Australia bound!
                    Sep 3 ICN-KIX JL964 767
                    Sep 3~4 KIX-BNE JL777 747

Comment

Working...
                    X