Lest we forget...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lest we forget...

While waiting to pick up a relative at SEA, I entered the Memorial Cemetery next door to SEA, and there must have been at least 3,000 flags, covering the lawn. It was just amazing.

Thanks to the veterans, and those who have payed the ultimate sacrafice.

Please keep out all political discussions...thanks.
    CheckSix

Equipment: A camera (who gives a rip about the brand?)

What memorial is it?

Comment

Originally posted by GrantT
      What memorial is it?
      Memorial Day, observed. It's similar to the British "Poppy Day" or "Rememberance Day."
      CheckSix

Comment

Thanks also go out to the soldiers who fought alongside the US from Canada, Russia, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, and so many other countries during World War II. No one country could have done it alone...

That being said, I was somewhat dismayed at my local military town for the lack of Memorial Day festivities. No parades through the city center, no fireworks, just another day off it seemed. It would be nice to have a little bit more in the way of festivities and memorials, considering that we have lost 30 soldiers from Fort Drum due to the wars...
        Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
          Thanks also go out to the soldiers who fought alongside the US from Canada, Russia, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, and so many other countries during World War II. No one country could have done it alone...

That being said, I was somewhat dismayed at my local military town for the lack of Memorial Day festivities. No parades through the city center, no fireworks, just another day off it seemed. It would be nice to have a little bit more in the way of festivities and memorials, considering that we have lost 30 soldiers from Fort Drum due to the wars...
          Ditto, ditto, ditto.
          CheckSix

Comment

Working...
          X