Ronald Reagan 1911-2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronald Reagan 1911-2004

The latest news and headlines from Yahoo News. Get breaking news stories and in-depth coverage with videos and photos.

R.I.P.

Rest In Peace. God bless him.

Comment

Comment

Indeed, Rest In Peace. Mr. President.

Aldo

Comment

My thoughts are with Nancy, she has had a rough couple years
          He who expected nothin......aint gonna be deceived-JR

Comment

A loss of a great president who affected the world in so many ways.
            CheckSix

Equipment: A camera (who gives a rip about the brand?)

Comment

May he rest in peace.

Ron: Thanks for your outstanding service to America and the world.

A Colombian guy moved by the winds of fate to St. Louis, MO

Comment

Some good Reagan quotes:

"If you aren't a liberal at age 16, you have no heart. If you aren't a conservative at age 40, you have no brain."

"Recession is when your neighbor loses his job. Depression is when you lose yours. Recovery is when Jimmy Carter loses his."

"I remember some of my own views when I was quite young. For heaven's sake, I was even a Democrat!"

"I know what it's like to pull the Republican lever for the first time, because I used to be a Democrat myself, and I can tell you it only hurts for a minute and then it feels just great."

"Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards; if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book."

"Government is not the solution to our problems. Government IS the problem!"

"According to the experts, I have exceeded my life expectancy by quite a few years. This is a source of annoyance to some."

"Honey, I forgot to duck" -to Nancy after being shot

Sam Donaldson: "Mr. President, in talking about the continuing recession tonight, you have blamed mistakes of the past and you have blamed the congress. Does any of the blame belong to you?"

President Reagan: Yes, because for many years I was a Democrat"

"The crew of the space shuttle Challenger honored us by the manner in which they lived their lives. We will never forget them, nor the last time we saw them, this morning, as they prepared for their journey and waved good-bye and 'slipped the surly bonds of earth' to touch the face of God'."

"Republicans think every day is July 4th. Democrats think every day is April 15th."

"My fellow Americans, I wish to report that I have outlawed Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes." -joking with some reporters before the starting of a press conference

"I pledge not to make the youth and inexperience of my opponent an issue" -Speaking of Walter Mondale during a debate

"Well, I've been President for ten whole days now and haven't started one single nuclear war."

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidise it."

"There you go again" -everytime Carter through out some half baked statistic that didn't really say what Carter was implying it said.

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."

"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them."

"It is the Soviet Union that runs against the tide of history.... [It is] the march of freedom and democracy which will leave Marxism- Leninism on the ash heap of history as it has left other tyrannies which stifle the freedom and muzzle the self-expression of the people."

"History teaches that wars begin when governments believe the price of aggression is cheap." - June 6th, 1984 Normandy, France

"Liberals are like puppies, all warm, fuzzy and cuddly" [pauses] "The only difference is that puppies open their eyes after six weeks!"

"Funny, they quit calling it 'Reaganomics' when it started working."

Comment

A man who did more good for this country than any other man. God Bless Him

Comment

Very good Mr 757300.

Back in the 80s I was about as liberal and as anti-Regan as one could be but I could not help but to like the guy much to the chrgrin of my even more radical and liberal freinds and family. Sadly, it was not until he was leaving office that my politics and views begun to change and today I cringe at the thought that I actually threw away votes on Carter and Mondale.

That one quote pretty much sums it up for me "If you aren't a liberal at age 16 you have no heart. If you aren't a conservative at age 40, you have no brain".

Once again, R.I.P. Mr President,

Aldo

Originally posted by B757300
                    Some good Reagan quotes:

"If you aren't a liberal at age 16, you have no heart. If you aren't a conservative at age 40, you have no brain."

"Recession is when your neighbor loses his job. Depression is when you lose yours. Recovery is when Jimmy Carter loses his."

"I remember some of my own views when I was quite young. For heaven's sake, I was even a Democrat!"

"I know what it's like to pull the Republican lever for the first time, because I used to be a Democrat myself, and I can tell you it only hurts for a minute and then it feels just great."

"Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards; if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book."

"Government is not the solution to our problems. Government IS the problem!"

"According to the experts, I have exceeded my life expectancy by quite a few years. This is a source of annoyance to some."

"Honey, I forgot to duck" -to Nancy after being shot

Sam Donaldson: "Mr. President, in talking about the continuing recession tonight, you have blamed mistakes of the past and you have blamed the congress. Does any of the blame belong to you?"

President Reagan: Yes, because for many years I was a Democrat"

"The crew of the space shuttle Challenger honored us by the manner in which they lived their lives. We will never forget them, nor the last time we saw them, this morning, as they prepared for their journey and waved good-bye and 'slipped the surly bonds of earth' to touch the face of God'."

"Republicans think every day is July 4th. Democrats think every day is April 15th."

"My fellow Americans, I wish to report that I have outlawed Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes." -joking with some reporters before the starting of a press conference

"I pledge not to make the youth and inexperience of my opponent an issue" -Speaking of Walter Mondale during a debate

"Well, I've been President for ten whole days now and haven't started one single nuclear war."

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidise it."

"There you go again" -everytime Carter through out some half baked statistic that didn't really say what Carter was implying it said.

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."

"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them."

"It is the Soviet Union that runs against the tide of history.... [It is] the march of freedom and democracy which will leave Marxism- Leninism on the ash heap of history as it has left other tyrannies which stifle the freedom and muzzle the self-expression of the people."

"History teaches that wars begin when governments believe the price of aggression is cheap." - June 6th, 1984 Normandy, France

"Liberals are like puppies, all warm, fuzzy and cuddly" [pauses] "The only difference is that puppies open their eyes after six weeks!"

"Funny, they quit calling it 'Reaganomics' when it started working."

Comment

R.I.P

Two sad things happened today,

President Reagan Passed away

and Smarty Jones lost the Belmont stakes
                      ***My Blog***

Comment

the world would be pretty different without him.
                        R.I.P.

Comment

A toast to the life of Ronald Reagan.

I'll miss him!

Mike
                          Van Hoolio's JP.net Photos
                          lp.org

Comment

and to the deliverance of his family. They suffered more than he did during his long illness.

One of the Great ones passed away yesterday, the world would indeed be a poorer place without him.

Comment

If you think about it though he's been virtually dead for many years now...
                              Earl From Regina

Comment

Working...
                              X