Directions: LGA-JFK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Directions: LGA-JFK

I was just wondering if it is possible to get from LaGuardia to JFK easily. I was looking at plane tickets and flights to MAn are cheaper from JFK but US who I could get free tickets on flies into LGA. So I was wondering if there was a way to get from one airport to another. i don't really want to take a Taxi.

Connection between JFK and LGA is rather bad. Your choices are either taxis, shuttle busses, or use the metro, with about 2 connections to the Air Train. From own experience, Van Wyck Expw. can be a disaster, or a rush. It either takes 30 minutes or up to 2 hours, so if you connect between LGA and JFK, be sure to have a longer connecting time, and should you arrive early at JFK, the new Air Train stations offer some good views of the movements on the airport .

-Colin

Comment

Re: Directions: LGA-JFK

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
      or use the metro, with about 2 connections to the Air Train.
      Since when does the metro go to LGA?

I know there is a stop at Shea Stadium. From there you can take a bus to LGA...is that what you mean?

Comment

yeah,I looked at the Metro Map for NYC and you can't take the train from LGA to JFK.

But JFK-MAN on BA is $330.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
          yeah,I looked at the Metro Map for NYC and you can't take the train from LGA to JFK.

But JFK-MAN on BA is $330.

I'd just take a cab...

Comment

How much would that cost?

Comment

Hate to say it, but I think Taxi is the best way to get from JFK to LGA
              He who expected nothin......aint gonna be deceived-JR

Comment

You have two possibilities from LGA to JFK:

- The NY Airport Service Express Bus runs every 30 mins from 7:30 AM till 8:00 PM. Price is $11 and journey lasts about 45 minutes (depends on traffic).

- Taxis cost between $25 and $29 and journey lasts half an hour (depends on traffic).

You can also try with a Limousine, but that should be quite expensive...at least for my personal budget!

More info to be found at http://www.panynj.gov

Comment

Also, there are airport car services that have fixed rates b/w LGA-JFK. This may be good if you are going at rush hour or if there is traffic (always). When you are stuck in traffic, the taxi meter is still running....

Comment

Sure you could do it with public transport (I timed it once, although I wasn't actually connecting; just to see how long it would be).

Here's how:

Cheapest way:

-Take AirTrain (JFK rail system) to Sutphin Blvd. and transfer for the "E" train line.
                    -Take the "E" train 3 stops (5 on weekends) to Jackson Hts./Roosevelt Station and transfer for the "7" train
                    -Take the "7" El train 5 stops to 111th. St. and transfer for the LaGuardia Bus
                    Total Cost=$7.00 ($5.00 AirTrain/$2.00 subway & bus-free transfer in NY)
                    Total Time (excluding wait times)=50-60 min.

Fastest way:

-Take AirTrain (JFK rail system) to Sutphin Blvd. and transfer for an LIRR train to Woodside
                    -Transfer for an LIRR Port Washington Train, go one stop, and transfer for the LGA bus.
                    Total Cost=$11
                    Total Time (excluding wait times)=45 min.
                    www.acairport.com

Comment

Since when does the metro go to LGA?

I know there is a stop at Shea Stadium. From there you can take a bus to LGA...is that what you mean?
                      Yeah, mixed it up a bit with our Metro system in HAM, because the major bus lines are called "Metrobuses". Anyway, this was before Air Train was around, so it is faster nowadays anyway. Btw. I would still take the opportunity to take pics from the Air Train station .

-Colin

Comment

Originally posted by matt1168
                        Sure you could do it with public transport (I timed it once, although I wasn't actually connecting; just to see how long it would be).

Here's how:

Cheapest way:

-Take AirTrain (JFK rail system) to Sutphin Blvd. and transfer for the "E" train line.
                        -Take the "E" train 3 stops (5 on weekends) to Jackson Hts./Roosevelt Station and transfer for the "7" train
                        -Take the "7" El train 5 stops to 111th. St. and transfer for the LaGuardia Bus
                        Total Cost=$7.00 ($5.00 AirTrain/$2.00 subway & bus-free transfer in NY)
                        Total Time (excluding wait times)=50-60 min.

Fastest way:

-Take AirTrain (JFK rail system) to Sutphin Blvd. and transfer for an LIRR train to Woodside
                        -Transfer for an LIRR Port Washington Train, go one stop, and transfer for the LGA bus.
                        Total Cost=$11
                        Total Time (excluding wait times)=45 min.

You gots it backwards.

I guess he will have to do that on the way back, though!

Comment

Working...
                        X