The Real World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Santijet
    Hey there are a lot of things that I don't agree wit MTV (Like the way record companies pay them so that they get their videos on the TRL EVERYBODY knows dat!!)

However 'Real World' is one of their most genuine shows and it was actually one of their first shows, not mentioning one of the first reality shows in the world!!!!

Originally posted by Flying High
    1) It ain't real!!!

All the pretty boys and girls in that "reality show" are cast and have agents. Some parts are scripted. To really qualify as a reality show, they should be chosen random from a list of registered people willing to be on the show, and let the cameras roll, with no input from the producers..
    It's not, they swear a lot and they don't even act, if they were actors I would believe but they are not...Now 'The Osbournes' is a show that we all know is not real AT ALL.

2) Plays on sexual stereotypes

Generally, the roster for each season is 4 males/3 females. One of the guys has to be gay, and one of the girls has to be bisexual.
    MMM OK, on the Real World San Diego, no one is gay or bisexual same as in the Real World Las Vegas .....and the only bisexual girls were in Hawaii and the Real World Vegas.

3) Plays on racial stereotypes

One of the guys has to be black, and always the black guy is the craziest/wildest of the bunch.
    Mmm, ok in Las Vegas the 'black guy' wasn't the wildest AT ALL!! in San Francisco there was no 'black guy' either wat are u talking about?

4) Plays on emotional stereotypes

One of the girls has to be such a drama queen, which has to pick fights with the rest of the cast, and can be seen crying every goddamn episode (TRW has had its share of drama queens, but this year's, Frankie, takes the cake. What an unbearable bitch.)
    Who was the crazy girl at San Francisco..at Hawaii??? at New Orleans???

5) Too much glamour

The cast lives a life that is not standard for most of America's youth. Those lofts, those beach homes, those clubs the go to party. Man, if every American youngster lived like that...
    They are in a reality show...who would like to see a reality show of a common 'youngster' working and not going out that is boring...Real World is like a 6 month spring break actually!!!

6) Inaccurate depiction of youth life

The Real World tries to transmit the idea that every American youngster's life consists of drinking, smoking pot, having promiscuous sex, surf the 'net and talk on the phone most of the day. Occasionaly they work, but not much. I think most youngsters don't live like that, you know???
    Read above .

Well thats my opnion anyways
    Wow!!!

I didn't know you liked TRW that much, güey!!!

Have you ever been north of Ciudad Juarez, my friend???

Because not every young guy and girl over here lives like that, you know???

A Colombian guy moved by the winds of fate to St. Louis, MO

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
      One of the guys has to be black, and always the black guy is the craziest/wildest of the bunch.
      Token black guy.
      It's the same for every reality TV show, political correctness at its best.

Comment

i like the New Orleans and Chicago one.
        Airline Route News
        Airline Route Map Drawings

Comment

The show does suck (along with much of MTV's programming).
          A few months ago, we had the former vice president of MTV's son stay at my house.
          I would have told him my suggestions, but his dad was no longer with MTV.

Oh well...

Comment

I watch it almost every week. I think San Diego is a lot better than Paris.

BTW- RW Philly is still taping, it hasn't been cancelled.

You obviously haven't seen San Diego's Jaquese.
            Prepare For Takeoff - Spread Your Wings - Take Flight at Little Rock National
            ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Comment

Yes, several times, and trust me I've seen worst things than you will ever see in St Louis .
              Click & Help

ONE

Comment

Yes, several times, and trust me I've seen worst things than you will ever see in St Louis .
                Like what??? And where???

And believe me, here in St. Louis we can be very wild!!!

A Colombian guy moved by the winds of fate to St. Louis, MO

Comment

I think Real World San Diego is one of the best, probably because I know the area a little bit more than the other locations they've filmed at. Only reason I watch it is because of Cameran :P

Comment

Like what??? And where???

And believe me, here in St. Louis we can be very wild!!!
                    I bet!!!

How about living in Las Vegas for 6 months .
                    Click & Help

ONE

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle_Driver
                      I think Real World San Diego is one of the best, probably because I know the area a little bit more than the other locations they've filmed at. Only reason I watch it is because of Cameran :P

OHH YEAH!!! I like Robin too!!

yep STL people can get VERY wild...just ask me, i spent the night in STL out on the street until 2:00AM with two of my friends going from hotle to another and just hanigng out in the lobby..talk about crazy
                      Alex
                      Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle_Driver
                        Cameran is such a bitch. Not to mention Jamie is much prettier and nicer. I didn't like this seson that much because half the episods were about Frankie and the other half where about Cameran being a bitch. The real world paris was much worse though, it was so boring, how could anybody watch them. I hope they have another Real world Boston.

Comment

to update ya'll... :P

Charlie- his g/f came to visit for the weekend, skipped work, costing all the members to lose there bonus. pissed everyone off

cammie- got pissed at charlie for causing them to lose the bonus, broke his guiatr, and pretended to be all oops about it.

robin- sweet as always..

brad- being the drunk and in front guy he is..

jaq- cool cat as always

randy- same as jaq

jamie- such a sweeheart and caring as always in the show

coming up..LAST EPISODE OF REAL WORLD : SAN DIEGO Brad is upossed to mess with the police again before they leave, robin is shown crying for real.... should be a sad sight..im singign up for real word.. ROCK ON!!!
                          Alex
                          Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

[quote]Cameran is such a bitch. Not to mention Jamie is much prettier and nicer. I didn't like this seson that much because half the episods were about Frankie and the other half where about Cameran being a bitch.quote]

Why the harsh feelings towards Cameran? lol.
                            The only thing I don't like about her is that she likes Brad one minute and doesn't the next.
                            Jamie is the one who got arrested for a DUI before the show. lol.
                            Prepare For Takeoff - Spread Your Wings - Take Flight at Little Rock National
                            ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Comment

Working...
                            X