Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A hike with Pete Ganabathi (June 1, 2004)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeltaASA16
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by PHF2ATL
    Did you drive down the Blue ridge pkwy? Its really nice up there along with the skiing at Wintergreen in the winter.
    The photo that has our parking lot circled in red.. that is the Blue Ridge parkway winding through the mountains that you can see. Pete and I drove down that road for about 20 miles (headed southwest) to reach the Peaks of Otter (the mountain we climbed)

Yeah, I've been up around Wintergreen also. Its a nice place to go for an afternoon and evening of skiing in the winter, (although it can't compare to the Rockies and Alps :P )

-Adam

Leave a comment:

• PHF2ATL
    replied
    Did you drive down the Blue ridge pkwy? Its really nice up there along with the skiing at Wintergreen in the winter.

Leave a comment:

• Greg
    replied
    That might even be me later but shooting RDU sounds more fun that climbing a big hill

Leave a comment:

• MemphisBelle
    replied
    Great pics Adam!!

Leave a comment:

• Airbus_A320
    replied
    Good pics... looks like you had fun.

Leave a comment:

• DeltaRules
    replied
    Awesome shots! The first pic reminds me of driving through parts of NC on the way south (I-77 just south of the VA/NC border for those wondering where I'm talking about).

DeltaRules

Leave a comment:

• mikecweb
    replied
    That'll be me come July 1st!

Leave a comment:

• uy707
    replied
    Nice pics on an interesting trek. About pic # 3, the area close to the parking lot looks like a reservoir dam.
    Alain

Leave a comment:

• DAL767-400ER
    replied

Ahh, the Apalachian Mountains, they are always worth a visit. Nice shots of this sparsely populated area.

-Colin

Leave a comment:

• FlyCharlestonSC
    replied
    I the mountains!

Great pics!

Leave a comment:

• DeltaASA16
    Guest started a topic A hike with Pete Ganabathi (June 1, 2004)

While Pete was in Lynchburg over May31-June1, Pete and I went up to the mountains for breakfast and a hike up "Sharp Top Mountain." Instead of boring you with lines of text... here are a few photos! Enjoy:

The weather was extremely nice. Not a trace of Haze in Sight!

Pete didnt waste time and got his Sony out for a few quick shots!

Here you can see the Parking lot where we started (Circled in Red) Took us 55 minutes to reach the top!

The view was just amazing... Pete trying to take it all in:

I had hoped to get some nice Contrail Shots while were were 3000 feet closer to the action... We got the planes! but.. no contrails

On our way down.. we gazed west and could see rain in teh distance headed our way! Very impressive!

Thanks for going with me Pete! It was a real delight to do this hike with you! And Jess in MEM... sorry about the cell

-Adam
Working...
X